What are the chances for uterine cancer to reoccur after the chemotherapy? My sister had cancer of intrauterine tissue and was on hormonal and radiation therapy. As our mother had cancer too and it was recurrent, I’m interested if it happens due to treatment or to type of disease? Now my sister was diagnosed the recurrence when had the last control. She has to take chemo. Fortunately, there are no metastases.

I had uterine cancer either, was on metotrexate and medroxiprogesterone. Therapy failed and recurrence followed primary treatment. I started with radiation therapy that was followed by all the bad side effects that could be imagined. But doxorubicin in combination with platinol reduced the amount of cancer cells significantly. I had another surgery and believe that am cured now. All this was happening 5 years ago, I feel well and wish you successful treatment, like I had.