I am a 27 year old female and was diagnosed with shingles about a year ago. I know that shingles is a form of the herpe virus strain, but I was wondering if it had anything to do with actual vaginal herpes? About 2 years ago I had unprotected sex with someone then within days I had my first outbreak of genital herpes. Does anyone know if the shingles are related to the genital herpes outbreaks? I consider myself a fairly healthy young woman and in the past year I have had approximatly 5-6 outbreaks of the shingles. I always know when I am about to get it because of a tingling sensation in my upper legs and sometimes even on my bottom. I read that shingles can be brought on by stress along with many other factors (weak immune system, etc.) This may sound strange, but after reading up on shingles one of the first causes of getting shingles (recurring often in a younger person) can possibly be because of the HIV virus. That in itself freaks me out!! I am certainly NOT a virgin, but I have only had sex with 5 people in my lifetime, all which were protected except for 1. (Figures) Would I have any other symptoms if it was HIV? :cry:

You should be tested for stds by your Doctor. If you're having sex at all, protected or otherwise it is important to get yearly tests!!!