Hi, I have a genital herpes, HSV2, and it makes my life miserable. It means I have a »bad« virus. Oral herpes would`ve been easier to treat, I suppose. But, anyway, dont know will my partner contract it through oral sex? I guess that genital sex is out of the question. What is the difference, anyway, between HSV1 and HSV2?

Your partner will probably not contract your virus orally. About 98% of all HSV2 infections are genital. I know that you can give your partner HSV1 through genital sex. HSV1 and HSV2 are sharing approximately 50% of their DNA. Both types infect mostly the mouth or the genitals and then establish latency in the nervous system. Also, HSV1 and HSV2 can be spread when there are no symptoms present. The difference between those types of viruses is that HSV1 establishes latency in a collection of nerve cells found near the ears. HSV1 recurring outbreaks will occur on facial region. HSV2 establishes latency in a collection of nerves found at the lower base of the spine and recurring outbreaks will occur in the genital region.