Recently ive taken someone to the drs. The size of the left testicle is probably the size of a mango (no kidding) and the other is a small golf ball (but not normal either). The dr. did test right away. Most of the lab results are within in normal ranges. I asked the dr what the GCH and he said it was at 3.0? his LDH was 933! Wow! Liver function test, and other blood-work are within limits. They also did a sperm count and it has dashes all over like if doesnt have any. He is suppose to have surgery in about a week,.. WOW. and this week he gets a catscan to see if it has spread. I am being the brave one but I am sooo nervous. (P.S. he never went to the dr becuase of no insurance and he was too scared, i am glad he was able to go now,.. I am just worried for him

Hi there based on your description it sounds like he has testicular cancer it's very possible that it could've spread to other parts of his body but the good news is even once it's Brad's testicular cancer is highly curable

I meant to say once it spreads it is highly curable not "brads"

I don't know what "GCH" is, but I would wait until the scans and other tests are done in order to plan accordingly. Did the doctor say it was cancer?

I went online and checked the lab work. The ranges it gave for most of the test including liver test came out within normal ranges. Except for the LDH which was at 933. I asked the dr. Bluntly is this cancer or not, he said he didn't know as they are still doinG testing. Which I believed he answered me right. I checked online and on his lab work it said prognosis cancer of left and right testicle. He is very fit goes to the gym everyday. He has no lumps or growth anywhere else, basically no visual symptoms or fevers, coughs, bulges. His sperm count pretty much came out blank. So he's possibly already sterile. Just this waiting game has me on edge.

Hey there when you talked about gch did you actually mean hcg the pregnancy hormone? When someone has testicular cancer HCG levels usually increase if your friend takes a pregnancy test and it's positive there's a good chance he probably has teaticular cancer. While it is not the gold standard for diagnosing this type of cancer and other tests like ultrasounds or cr scans are needed is is a good preliminary test

Went to the drs today and got everything signed for Mondays surgery. Everything has gone pretty fast since 2 weeks ago. 

I asked the dr. about the specific markers and 1 of them came out within normal range, the HCG level came out 3.0 which he said was elevated from the "ideal" 0.25 and the other test was really high at 933,. I think the LH or LDH (been a long day),. they gave him a cat-scan so we shall hear about those results soon.

Ok thank you for the update please keep us posted

I've read so many forums, but there were no updates, which makes it all the more stressful. Hoping and praying for the best.

I know it's difficult and easier said than done, but do not panic or worry until you have definitive answers/diagnosis from the doctors and specialists as to what his options are. While there are forums that are specifically for testicular cancer patients and their loved ones, I think some refrain from answering questions or comments from members who do not have a testicular cancer diagnosis.

What kind of surgery are they going to do?

Surgery was on Monday. He said both testicles were removed and the surgeon put some prosthetics in. He has slept most of the time and when he wakes he gets really nervous which is natural. He has an appt to see the endocrinologist in about another week, I still dont know why but i'll be with him on that appt. then on the 6/16 he has a follow-up appt with the surgeon. I still dont know for sure if both testicles were removed or one. I just have to wait til we see the dr to know whats the next step in his road to recovery. Still havent heard back from the ct-scan but that was done last week, so its a terrible waiting game.

I'm glad your friend is doing so well. If both testicles were removed it would make sense that he is seeing an endocrinologist because that is a doctor that specializes in hormones. If he has no testicles he will have to be on testosterone replacement therapy and that is probably managed through an endocrinologist

Your buddy will need a lot of support and reassurance that he is going to be Ok and to encourage him to continue with chemo and other treatments if needed. He sounds like you are his only friend in his time of need. Stay with him and help him through this as you would want someone to do for you. Good Luck and wish him a speedy recovery on this.