I'm 23 and recently I noticed that my right testicle seemed to be smaller, and noticeably softer and squishier than my left. Now, I haven't been oblivious to my testicles for the last 20 or so years, but to my recollection I have never noticed this before. I guess it is possible that it has always been that way, but I'm just not sure.

I've been reading online and I can't really find anything that might pertain to this except for fertility issues, and that seemed like it usually dealt with two soft testicles, not just one.

I plan on going to the doctor, but am a bit nervous and need to work up the courage. In the time being does anybody have any info that might be helpful to me?

Sure, go see a Dr. Change in size of a testicule is a reason to go to the Dr. Keep in mind that almost no guys testicules are ever the same size, and are not supposed to be hard like marbles. You are right, maybe they have always been like that. If your worried about testicular cancer, what you are looking for is hard, pea sized lump ON your testicule. same thing they look for in breast cancers. Bascially though, unless you have a lump ON your testiclule , I would say that it PROBABLY has been that way, unless the texture has been a DRAMATIC change. go to tcrc.org to look for information on testicular cancer. It is probably good that you are seeing a Dr, as you probably not had a Physical for years, so see one, it is a good thing, and you will probably be relieved to know you are ok. But do go to the website i linked, as it will explain the signs, how to look for, and other information on Tc

good luck

JonBoy, wondering what the result of your visit was. My stepson has the same exact thing. He is 29. He does have a visit scheduled but wondered about your results.

Men and boys' testis can vary in size and firmness a lot from one day to the next from mood, blood flow, temperature, stress, how recently emptied out, and other factors. But most males know their own balls well and how they should feel and look and what is normal shrinking and swelling from past years. Most male's balls can get larger and harder during sex and then relax and get back to regular size soon after and when at rest. Going without sex or masturbation ejaculations will make testicles fuller, harder, and larger than when emptied out right after ejaculations. Any big changes in size, firmness, feeling, and function lasting a few days or more should be checked by a Dr. to make sure everything is OK. Injured or impaired testicles can get softer and smaller over time and when in bad health and if not working correctly or even when dying off partially or slowly from a medical problem. Any male with clearly softening or shrinking testicles should get them checked by a Dr.

Hey I'm Wayne I'm a 45 year old white male. After having sex with my fiance the other night, as she was cleaning us up...
She had noticed that my left testicle was kinda mushy soft. While my right one was still firm and hard. WHAT IS WRONG? I'VE ALWAYS WANTED MY OWN LOL FAMILY. UNFORTUNATELY I'VE NEVER BN ABLE TO GIVE THAT "BABY MAKING SPERM SHOT" LOL COULD IT BE BECAUSE OF MY LEFT NUT? OR?? PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME A LIL FEEDBACK ON THIS. AS I'M UNABLE TO AFFORD A DOCTOR

It may be a varicocele.

I have this. Got my sperm checked, and have low sperm count. My wife and I are undergoing IVF.

I have one of those veins on my left side and i noticed during sex that the left one can be soft when the right is hard. Doc said there is a quick and common surgery to get rid of the vein that is cooking the sperm on my left side and will increase my chances of being able to have a kid

Go to see urologist and get a sperm count, could be a vericocele.

Yeah i have a question this is very awkward so dont jugde lol im 24 for the past year i have masterbated a lot!! Im still a virgin so i need help in this department. As of just a few days ago i noticed my right testicle is a lot smaller and gets flat roundness feeling. Do i have anything to worry about or is it just really empty and i need to give it just a few months or two lol? Please help