What a sad week for Hollywood and the world. We have lost three icons all at the same time.
I grew up with watching Johnny Carson and his side kick Ed Mcmahon. His last interview was a few months ago and he looked sick then.

Farrah was adorable. I remember the year the infamous bathing suit poster hit the public. My son was born that year, 1976 and as a joke, someone gave him the poster to hang on his nursery wall, which i didn't cuz my husband claimed it. I may still have that poster kicking aroun someplace, i hope. She was the cutest thing and won the publics heart with her smile. Watching her documentary last month was so touching and she fought a courageous battle against her cancer. She asked for a miracle but sadly did not get one.

Michael Jackson, hugh, bigger than life, gone. My son called to tell me that he passed, i didn't believe him and said it was probably a publicity stunt. Sure enough, a special report broke into the television show and confirmed it. Michael Jackson, dead at 50. OMG, i couldn't beleive it. Michael Jackson is dead!!! I kept saying it over and over in my head. Tho he had several oddities about him and many thought he was still a child molester, he had a talent like no other. His thriller album was the highest selling album in history, passing Elvis and the Beatles.
I still can't beleive he's gone, wow. Hugh loss for sure.

I feel really terrible that all of these people died but wow, to lose them all in one week is pretty stunning. I feel really bad for both Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett because they've essentially been upstaged by the death of Michael Jackson, who was a massive celebrity and world reknown. I hope that everyone can recognize their deaths as well!

They all were very big stars and to loose them is really sad, but to loos them all in less then one week is even more sadder. I watch few movies with Ed when I was younger. And Farrah as one of the Angels. She really was fighting a war with her cancer, but unfortantly she lost. All of them will be remembered for ever. They helped to create Hollywood's history.

I just posted my own thread on this but then it turns out that we lost Billy Mays in the same week! It was a pretty long week then for well known people passing away. I think it's sad but then it is life, and that's just part of it. I dunno, I have been trying to see how I feel about it but I haven't done much reflecting.

I feel sad that these folks have passed on, but this is how life works. Ed Mcmahons passing was not really untimely, he was what, 86 years old? Farrahs death wasn't so sudden or untimely either as she was diagnosed with anal cancer way back in 06. Michael Jackson was skating on very thin ice from the get go.
I am not being mean but Farrah picked the wrong day to leave this world as Michael is getting all the press, they both passed on the same day.

The biggest bull is now that Michael is gone, his music and videos are flying off the shelves. Did anyone mention his name a week ago? I didn't. I stopped at Wal-mart on Saturday and just looked to see if there was any more CD's in the music section, there was one left and what used to be $9.00, miraculously jumped to $15.00 bucks. Everyone is making money off of his death. How sad.
Fox ran a show last nite with all 13 of the American Idols paying a tribute to Michael by singing all of his songs. How much moolah did Fox rake in on that episode?

Several people did not give a hoot about MJ while he was alive, myself being one of them, it took his departure from this earth to get everyones attention. I turned against him when the whole child molestation thing came to be. But i started not liking him during the Martin Basheer documentary.
MJ was a tortured sole. His father was very corporal when the brothers were small. Michael was a "man child" who just wanted to be loved and needed, but took it to the extreme.
Now we should just let this man child rest in peace, but the press and all of the skeltons in his closet will not permit it, not now anyway. Between the up and coming legal battles, his children, the fact that he was on to many drugs, his will, his estate, and on and on and on, it will be a long time before he can finally rest in peace. All i can say is "thanks for the memories"

He was one of the most intriguing persons in the world. There were big verities in his life. From point that everybody loved him to the point that he was hated from many people (child molesting accusations).
This is a selling news. And everybody wants to get a piece of that cake.
Some really like him and they do this to honor him.
But I agree with you bbfeet he will not be at peace for a long time. There is do much stuff that will happen now concerning his death.
But I think that everybody has to agree that he was one really good musician!

Oh yes, dark_red, he was a fantastic artist, and i find myself walking around the house humming or singing his songs. I even played the Jackson 5 Christmas CD the other day. I will be one of the gazillion folks out there buying his works, but not until the price drops.
And it's funny how annoying this whole thing is getting, but it's even funnier how we just can't look away. Like i said, this man was such a tortured soul, but his legacy will live on forever, just like Elvis Presley, who i loved, loved, loved.
Now i have chosen to turn the channel as this is all that is on these days. E news is a constant, as well as MTV, CNN is getting ridiculous and even Nancy Grace is all over it, every nite since it happened.
The world has not come to an end.

Month ago friend gave me a two CD's with 80' music. And there ware two or three songs from Micheal. And I really enjoyed them. He has been tortured soul and many pay that price for being famous.
The story about MJ's death will not settle even after his funeral.
When is his funeral? I didn't find this information anywhere on the web.

Well, he was origionally supposed to be laid out at Neverland for a public viewing on Friday with a private service for the family on Sunday, but his final resting place was unknown. Last nite, i heard that all that has been squashed beacause the city is highly concerned about the snarled traffic and the mass confusion. There is only one way in to the ranch and one way out which would a fiasco. There is a cemetary in North Hollywood that was mentioned, but has not been decided on. I think it's the same one where Marilyn Monroe is buried.

But there is still no word when is he going to be laid out?
I think they have to watch for the crowed and see if the funeral at Neverlend is possible.
I think the family should decide on this if he didn't leave this in his testament.

July 7th, i think at the Civic Center in Los Angelas, according to his bro Jermaine

Do they have any clue how many people will be there? I think this is going to be one of the biggest funerals ever.

I guess they are going to give out tickets by a lottery. Your supposed to TRY and log in to a certain site and you apply for one that way. Sunday, everyone who won a ticket will be notified. I heard 11,000 tickets will be on hand but you have to be a NYS resident to particapate in the drawing. For those who are unable to obtain a ticket, the memorial will be simulacast at the Nokia Theater. The family is unsure if M's body will be present at the time of the memorial. I think they are burying him at Forest Lawn in a freakin 25,000 dollar coffin of 14 karot gold, just llike the one James Brown was buried in.

My own opinion, ya know, kids are starving all over the world and this guy is being buried in a $25,000.00 box. I know he is going out with a bang but i think it's a tad ridiculous.