It is a refresher to see alot of people with the same stories. I have been dating my girlfriend for almost 3 years, we talked about getting married when i came back from overseas and everything. I bought her a nice engagement ring. Out of nowhere she stopped talking to me for 2 days then emails me telling me she tried to kill herself with pills and has been cheating on me the whole time i was away. I was devastated. I never saw this coming. The DR's diagnosed her with bipolar as well as a personality disorder. Shes now on meds and getting therapy. I love her to death but am worried if i can survive this hell of rebuilding our relationship. She wants to be with me and loves me, but i can survive another "episode of cheating". I try to be supportive and understanding but at the same time i need to take my own well being into consideration. Its hard to just drop somebody you love when they are sick and have a disorder.

Sorry i meant, CANT survive another episode of cheating.

I understand what you are going through. I have been living a nightmare for the last 6 months. My husband of 8 years/partner of 21 years has been diagnosed with BP. We thought it was just Depression and Anxiety but it's BP. I had to find out about his behavior from my neighbors. I guess he was going over to the neighbors' house and trying to get together with their friend. He was delusional and aggressive. He had it in his mind that this woman was in love with him (even though she told him that she wasn't and she only wanted to be friends). He barely knew this woman. They had never had any substantial conversations but in his mind they were in love. He told me that she told him that she loved him. He told me that she would watch out the window for him. It was really cRaZy!

When I got the call from the neighbors, I couldn't believe what I was being told. I was in shock!! The neighbors threatened to call the police because they were all scared of him and his aggression. I convinced them not to call the cops and give me a chance to get him help. He voluntarily checked himself into the psych unit. He was there for 6 days.

He is on 1,000 mg of Depakote and 10 mg of Abilify.

He doesn't communicate real well (which drives me crazy) so it's hard to discuss this stuff with him. Dr. says maybe he's embarrassed. I don't think so. He is very insensitive to my feelings. He just doesn't get it. He doesn't get how this has effected me. It's sad.

Today, HE is doing MUCH better. He faithfully takes his medicine and goes to all his Dr. appointments. He has quit Therapy. Like I said, he doesn't communicate real well so he probably didn't benefit from Therapy. I'm not doing very well. I remained strong and fearless in the beginning but after awhile your emotions start to surface. I still have to live with the lies and betrayal. I'm not sure this is the life I want for myself.

Love is a scary thing my friend ~ should I stay or should I go? Will I ever have a normal relationship? Probably not.

Just wanted to share this with you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

I wish you and your partner nothing but the best.