This is what Michael Thurmond says about his Six Week Body Makeover:

Before receiving the plan you need to make an appointment or fill out the nutritional analysis questionnaire in order to be assessed for your body type and your body “blueprint” in order to receive an individualized eating and exercise program.

The eating plan would consist of five to seven meals per day and include foods that are supposed to stimulate your metabolism and interact correctly with medications if you are taking any. This eating program should speed up your metabolic rate, help you retain and gain muscle tissue and enable you to lose body fat quickly and safely. You are required to send in your eating and exercising logs every weeks, so that modifications can be made to your program if found necessary.

After reaching your desired weight, you will be given a maintenance program, so you can stay there.

You can choose to exercise with a trainer (if you live in Southern California) or do the exercises by watching a video sent to you within Nutrition Only program.

The reason that this diet is supposed to be successful is because it involves dieting and exercising, which is the only way to lose weight. Further more, the eating plan and exercises are designed to fit your own body type and it is additional reason the plan should work for you.

Six Week Body Makeover program doesn’t include buying any medications, pills or specific foods from them. All that the program includes are cardiovascular exercise and eating habit modifications necessary for any weight loss program to be effective.

The 6 Week Body Makeover program costs between $1,600 - $1,800 for the full program, $500 for 6 weeks of the nutrition only program and $5,500 per week for the in-spa program.

For those who don’t have time to cook but can afford it, there’s an in-home chef catering service that includes a minimum food order of $250, plus delivery charge.

This is what others have said about Michael Thurmond’s Six Week Body Makeover:

Making meals 5-7 times a day is too time consuming and tiring

The meals are tasteless and very low in calorie because the plan eliminates all salt, added sugars and most fat.

The foods include a lot of lean protein and limited vegetables and grains.

Drinking 12 glasses of water each day is essential but you don’t have a desire to drink water when eating foods without salt

Thurmond recommends slow to moderate levels of exercise. However, they may be hard to do if only seen on videos and without a personal trainer

Some people believe the program is not healthy as it is too low in calories and certain nutrients.

The plan is very hard to stick to due to the tasteless foods and the fact that you need to eat 5-7 times a day (eating smaller meals a few times a day is a general weight loss formula)

It is not a good long-term weight loss program but it could be good for those looking to lose around 5 to 10 pounds

People who had purchased this dieting plan from infomercials had problems with getting their money-back guarantee. The company they purchased the diet from kept referring them to the Makeover Headquarters for a refund while the Headquarters claimed they had no say over refunding a purchase made outside their original store.

Add your experiences or discuss your worries on one of the following links:
Quote:

michael thurmond 6 weeks body makeover - the scam?

Opinions about 6 week body makeover michael thurmond

Six Week Body Makeover

or use our Search Button for more topics

My Goodness!!! Just do the Cabbage Soup Diet. It's only 7 days, and then you go off for 2 weeks and so on until you reach your desired weight. I don't know who came up with this plan, but it is "Amazing"! Just google Cabbage Soup Diet. It's limited salt no fat and negative calories. Your skin looks amazing after the 3rd day...It will guide you into a whole new way of eating for a total lifestyle change. I make Kale chips instead of eating potato chips or popcorn...Good luck :-D

I am just ONE of the many success stories using this program. I lost 92 pounds and could not do the stretches BUT I did start walking. At first, I could only walk to the mailbox and back. I have undergone many surgeries so that was the reason for that. I figured movement of some kind was better than no movement at all. It took 9 months and I used all of the foods available for my body type.

There is NO SCAM here. If it doesn't work for you...maybe just maybe you didn't do the blue printing correctly therefore your eating plan was also incorrect.

So sorry everyone thinks that this is a scam.  I've done Michael Thurman's diet plan and I can tell you its not a scam.  I lost 50 lbs on this diet 4 years ago.  I got a divorce and moved etc and with all the stress and learning to live alone, etc it was hard to adjust my meals for on after 25 years of marriage and gained some it back.  I'm now using the diet plan again and am losing just like I did before.  8 lbs the first week, 4 the following weeks.  Yes, this plan takes some planning and time, but it in no way costs $1600-1800 to do this.  Its basically finding your body type buying and cooking that kind of food and following the instructions and of course some exercise.  I was even able to have a "cheat day" and still the 50 lbs the last time and so far  16 lbs in 4 weeks.

Yes, this plan does take some "planning" but I sure loved the benefits I got!!! I can empathize with you, too as I had been married for over 24 years and totally unhappy when my marriage fell a part. I am glad I left because I got "ME" under control and allowed "happiness" to enter my life. I lost the dead weight and I never felt better. That 92 pounds was the excess baggage in my life and I don't regret losing it one itty, bitty bit...

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND NOW YOU HAVE THE BEST OF YOUR LIFE LEFT TO LIVE INTO!!!

Bless your heart I agree with you 100% on everything you wrote Michael Thurmond plan is amazing and I used it once and lost a lot of weight I went through some stress and then I stopped doing it and Gained back but Michael Thurmond let me do it again free I just paid for my trainer. I am now going through what you went through I am getting a divorce after 29 years and facing the prospect of living alone and so many things that you say I resonate with. If you want to contact me I would love to talk to you about how you got through it. I was so sad when Michael Thurmond passed away of an accident. Right now I could use the spa program LOL
Jonquill

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

This is amazing to hear you and the other lady. I agree it is worth the time and the effort. Bless your heart as well that you are succeeding. Divorce does just so much to somebody's heart and psyche. I am praying for all of us that we get through. - Jonquill

I've done this plan since November and am currently at a 63 pound weight loss. I've done this plan over 10 years ago and was successful short term but I allowed "life" to get in the way. There are several recipes from participants that are amazing. I would agree it takes some preparation, commitment, and the given recipes are quite bland with a few exceptions. Over the years, I've modified it so it works for me. I do add Pink Himalayan Salt and use real butter and olive oil, just not in excess. You eat to live, not live to eat! But, you still need to enjoy meals-I've also found a great tasting protein drink line I use to substitute meals because there are too many people who don't have time to prepare meals in advance everyday and those who dislike reheated or premade meals (me included). Good luck!

The Michael Thurmond diet is so wonderful! 6 yrs ago I lost 40 pounds quickly and easily... could hardly believe how fast it worked.........................so, I am doing it again now and love it....