I just completed three consultations for rhinoplasty in NYC. Dr. Aston, Dr. Pastorek and Dr. Tabbal. I really didn't like Aston or Tabbal for that matter and absolutely loved Pastorek. Going in I thought I would definitely go with Tabbal as he seems to get more press as the best 'nose guy.' Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Hi Bedford Mom,
Who did you end up going with?

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
Maria

I had my rhinoplasty/septoplasty done with Dr. Pastorek and he is phenomenal. Not to mention, my nose looks great and entirely like it belongs on my face, just with the parts that needed correcting, corrected! I highly highly recommend him. I hope that's who you went with!

Pastorek did my sisters nose. He is a very nice man but did a terrible job. He re did it and it still doesnt look great. I still think Tabal and Foster do the best noses. Rosenberg gets great reviews but I dont think they look that good.

Bedford Mom: Did you have a surgery by Dr. Pastorek. Did it turn out well? If there were problems did he correct them and give you the nasal structure that you had requested?

So who did u go with? how was it?

Hi, I have surgery scheduled with Dr. Pastorek soon. Now I'm having second thoughts after reading these reviews. Any chance you would be able to send photos of your sister's nose? Thank you!

I went in with a decently average nose that I was slightly insecure of and just wanted to make some small changes and came out with a bigger, longer, bulkier nose. He is a huge fan of grafting. My nose is now taller, longer, and more projected than before. I also said I did not want my tip lifted, and he lifted it. He is a nice, nice man and so is his office staff so I feel badly writing negatively about him but it is worth saving someone else the pain I have gone through. I ask everyone if I am seeing things and they agree it is not a good nose job. My profiles are completely different and I have cartilage collapsing on one side. I was taken by his calm demeanor, fancy office, and thorough consultation and did not take into consideration I have never met one of his patients to see a "real life" before and after. Sure, the ones he shows you are good, but he only shows about 10 and none of them are too drastic. Needless to say, I need a revision and I'm too scared to do so because I don't want it to get worse.

I have to apologize the above post. Pastorek is a great surgeon. I just don't believe I voiced what I wanted and he did what he thought was best. He really is compassionate, understanding, and capable.

Did you have the surgery? I'm scheduled for a revision with Dr. Pastorek, 1st surgery was done in NJ. Of course I am so nervous, I don't know anyone who has used Dr. Pastorek. I have had consults with Tabbal, Tobias and Loeb. Have one more with Rizk. They all seem to say the right things. Would love to hear feedback on any of these doctors.

Is there any way you can send me your before and after pics?

Dr. Pastorek did my primary rhinoplasty. I had a "real life" friend who used him with excellent results, and researched him online to exhaustion. I wish I had come across REAL reviews, such as the one I am leaving, which I am truncating for the purposes of brevity only. I am horrified by the job Pastorek did on me, and am still grieving every time I look in the mirror. I long for my "old nose" back every single day, and wish I never would have let Dr. Pastorek's accolades obscure my vision in choosing him as a surgeon. He gave me a Michael Jackson nose, and that is putting it mildly. I have vocalized my dissatisfaction with him very politely on numerous occasions, and his words is THE word - he will hear nothing else. I would NOT recommend him to anyone, nor wish my experience with him, and his snooty office staff, on anyone. Sincerely. Please, please save your energy, your integrity, and your nose's function and find another surgeon. I now have to go for revision surgery, and am terrified to do so. I do not trust him to touch my nose again.