Chrislondon wrote:

Healthnfitnessguy: i'm pretty flexible, so sometimes i do squat if it's a slightly more difficult BM, as I know that's supposed to be the best way of ensuring there's no straining and full evacuation.

Otherwise, leaning forward does seem to relax everything.

The doctors should really give you more advice post op on this kind of thing: i've found most of it out from the web, and you don't know how reliable a lot of information is.

I think that you're totally right! I think it's unfortunate that you don't get a good chance to sit down and talk with a doctor and find out what you could do. I think that the information that yo'uve provided has been really helpful. One last question (I hope): have you been eating any bowel regularity food at all? Like Activia yogurt or something like that?

Yes-I used Actimal probiotic yoghurt drink things. They also contained 2.5g fibre per 100g, which is pretty good. Not sure how much they helped, but maybe I'd have noticed if I wasn't on them.

If I am right Actimel contains L.casei Imunitass. And this is pro biotic culture that is more resistant to stomach acids and is therefore able to reach the intestine in higher concentrations. I know that this culture is selected by Danone's international research centre, but do you maybe know if there is some other yogurt with similar cultures or effects?

Chrislondon wrote:

I know that I would certainly notice and I haven't even had hemorrhoid surgery. Do you also take extra fiber beyond the yogurt too? I usually have a fiber cereal with the yogurt in the morning for digestive health.

Hi I had a haemorrhoidectomy on the 27/11/14 for 3 internal haemorrhoids. When the surgery was over I was great. Stayed in overnight without having a BM. When I got home that night I had a BM. I have a 4 children and a tumour removed but nothing prepared me for the intense pain during and after this BM and everyone after for 2 weeks. it would take me 4 to 5 times to feel like I had completely emptied my bowel but still felt like pressure. From my stomached to my knees I had immense pain, no amount of pain relief would stop the pain. I would have to lay on my stomach and cry and moan. Finally 18 days after this surgery I went back to hospital. I now had 3 large skin tags that were throbbing and very inflamed. The doctor said I needed to see a surgeon again as this did not look like it was healing. I was re admitted to hospital and saw a surgeon who I had never meet before. His words were you poor thing i can not believe the mess your in I need to operate on you again. Next daffy was operated on again but this time my wound was left opened. He also stretched my anal passage as it was to tight and removed the skin tags. He said to me he would never had left my bum like that. I wish I had him the first time. Now 5 days after my second surgery and doing a BM still stings a a little but not much. I am still having slight discharge but this will be for a while and he said is normal. i am still tender and not able to sit properly but getting better every day with minimal pain relief. But after 2 operations in 19 days I am amazed that I am not in more pain.

i recommend making sure you really trust your surgeon and ask as many questions as I just went along like a lamb for slaughter. Not to get it closed as I had first time and to make sure they stretch you. Eat really healthy lots of water and pear juice. No carbs and take stool softerners before and after surgery. 

But make sure you really really need this surgery. Best wishes

I also had H surgery about 4 months ago but in my case i still experience pain after having a bowel. A week after the surgery I developed a huge skin tag back there and the doctor told me it will go down after a while but it's been 4 months and I'm still miserable after bowels and the skin tag makes the pain worse. At this point I don't no what else to do

Guest, I too, am at 3 months and have the same issues. I did get a second opinion. His remarks..you are just a slow healer. I am at my wits end too. What are we suppose to do? My life revolves around my BM's as well because I have BM incontinence due to the hemorrhoidectomy.

Hi
Iam two and half months in healed well. Like everyone else still a little discomfort in a bowel movement but it definitely is because of what I have eaten! I was a very bad case, ex competitor in bodybuilding and mine started 24 yrs ago after my child’s birth. I was prolapsed so bad I was on family leave act from work. Hospitalized from anemia I bled so bad for years. A big mess can not tell you the pain i had every day. So good now a whole new person. I suffered bad after surgery. I was on Morphine at home until two weeks ago and six weeks off work!!
Was worth it, Iam great now. Good luck to all.

Hi can i be helped out here.
I had hemorrhoid surger 4 and half months ago, the pain and all did go away the swelling its there still but small size doesnt bother me at all. The problem is since a week ago im having this strange feeling down there after a bowel movement, like stinging or i dont know how else to describe it i just feel it when i get up if im sit down, or if im sit down and move my legs i feel that strange feeling that is bothering me. I didnt have these all these months why happening now ? Does anyone know something about this or had the same thing ?