My four year old had her tonsils, adnoids and cysts on both tonsils removed wednesday(7-8-09). what is her expected recovery time. dont ask why i was not there to talk to the dr. but i want to verify what her stepmom is saying.

HI there, if your daughter had her tonsils and everything else removed, the recovery time would be at least two weeks, if not longer. However, I do caution you that this is a guess so I would not take action based on what is said here. That's just a typical recovery time for tonsil surgery because it usually take a while to recover from something that intense. Is that what you needed?

Hallo,
Your daughter is very young to have all these conditions. Unfortunately she had to remove the tonsils and adenoids as well. The thing is that recovery can take up to four weeks if everything goes as planned. You have to understand that she is young and her body is more fragile than in adults so there might be a chance of infection as well. This is very hard time for her and she will notice much pain especially in the first week. She has to understand that she needs to rest as much as she can. Also she can eat a lot of ice cream because this will help her recovery and it will ease the pain after procedure.