Hi my 10 yr old is scheduled to have her tonsil removed due to tonsil stones. she was getting 6 to 10 stones per week for 6 months or so. i scheduled an ent consult and they said she has crateered tonsils which will shrink in size with age but the craters may get deeper when they shrink. Now the surgery is a week away and of course she hasn't had any stones come out since we had the consult. she says she feels them in there but they aren't coming out. now i'm nervous and think maybe i shouldn't get them out now any advice1

Hi:
My opinion would be....Unless there are other health or risks that need to be considered regarding the surgery, why not eliminate the possibility of future problems. The surgery will most likely do that. Have tonsils removed in adulthood is more complicated and the recovery time is longer. Now, she can get it over with and eliminate the problem. It's probably the "mom" in you that's getting nervous and I certainly understand that. Try to relax and consider what will be best for your daughter in the long run. Don't make a decision based upon one good week. What is the whole picture? Just make sure that you have the best surgeon. in the best hospital; who has communicated all of the what ifs to you. That's what I would focus on. What's the surgeons success rate with this surgery. Is he/she a specialist. Best wishes. I am sure that things will go well.