My 4 yr old son has tested positive twice in 4 months for blood and protein in his urine. Tests for UTI have comeback inconclusive. He is urinating upto 5 times in 10 mins and responds well to medication for UTI. He doesn't have any pain when urinating. First time this happened his GP said he would normally be referred to hospital but they would wait to see if he gets symptoms again. Now they are saying blood and protein is not a sign of anything serious so therefore would not recommend further testings and this is perhaps something he just happens to get!!!
I told them i knew it was a sign of kidney disease to which GP said i should send him for blood tests if i am "that bothered".
Can someone please help and advice me on this as i feel i am banging hy mead against a brick wall.

If I were you I would definately send my child for blood tests and/or to a new GP! Doctors are not perfect, and sometimes they get it wrong. Your son's health is worth more than the cost of seeing another doctor, and at least then you will either have peace of mind or will be able to seek the necessary treatment for your child. Good luck!

Get your son to an Urologist .
They are much more qualified when it comes to kidney and bladder issues.
My daughter, now age 26, suffers from Intersistial Cystitis (diagnosed by a Urologists). Most GP's she has dealt with don't know to much about her condition and we end up informing them.
Please for your sons sake take him to a more qualified doctor. The sooner the better.