I have a problem with my son who is only 16 years old. He did a urine test and protein in the urine showed, but his doctor said he had a small amount of protein. I know he has a small amount in his urine last year also. I think now it is time I should know what it means. Can you tell me more about this problem when protein is found in urine?

When protein is found during a urine test, further investigation is required to ascertain patient’s true health status. That is why I think his doctor needs to check it once again using a urine test. That is a quick and inexpensive way to check for protein in urine, and is one of our test kit products that can be done in the privacy. The condition when proteins are found in urine is called proteinuria. This is also known as albuminuria, and problem is that sometimes it may cause renal failure. I have to tell you that urine test is not enough to say renal failure, then it only warrants further testing. Important fact that his doctor should know is that high protein diets can cause muscle break down once. That is very hard on the renal system and that means his kidneys. Abnormal protein values may indicative of postural proteinuria caused by excessive exercise, high or low temperature, and during pregnancy. Those I said are benign conditions that cause protein in urine, but also there is pathological proteinuria. I think you should check this once again with his doctor and if he found protein in urine again, he must discover what exactly caused that.

Protein in urine can be dangerous. because it indicates some kind of disease. The most common seen is kidney disease. When your kidney damaged, various complication or symptoms would occur. Protein in urine is one of them. This is not a good sign. Although compared with blood urine, protein in urine did not sound so scary. But continous protein in urine did pose a much serious effect to one's health.

Furhter as well as comphrehensive tests should be taken so as to figure out the underlying causes of protein in urine. If your son experienced proteinuria last year, it occurred this year once again, which is not a cheerful news.

Just like I said before,  proteinuria may signal a kind of kidney disease. What you need to do is taking some immediate action ,taking him run some tests such as routine urine test, blood test and so on.  Once one got kidney disease, it's hard to recover. When it left untreated, it can progress to renal failure and have to live with dialysis or kidney transplant. Hope you reconsider it . Do sth. about it!!