I've had pain during urination for the past three months. There has been intermittant blood after urination. Ive been tested for UTI, STD's etc.. taken a variety of antbiotics. Took a MRI to check for kidney stones three weeks ago. Still having pain and today passed a large amount of blood after urinating. I'vee seen a Doctor sevral times but nothing noted yet other than the syptoms. By the way I am a 45 year old male.

Have you had your prostate checked - physically and by a PSA blood test? I DEFINITELY want you to get checked out for this! Also do you have problems with starting and stopping urinating? Also do you find that you have to get up a LOT in the middle of the night? And do you have pressure - like you want to urinate but can't?

Hello there

My sister in law suffers from overactive bladder and the symptoms are frequent urination, urgency of urination, nocturia, and if you don’t know what this means that is urinating in the middle of the night and urges incontinence. The doctor has told us that sometimes blood during urination (in males) is also one of the symptoms.

This condition can cause you very much inconvenience. For example sexual problems are just on the top of the list so if you are finding yourself here maybe you should instruct your doctor to check your bladder.

The therapy for this condition depends on the patient of course but usually it is therapy with medications.  Sometimes this condition requires surgical procedure.