I am very regular on and off the pill. I am now 5 days late but had very light spotting yesterday only, Tests are still negative, could I be pregnant?

There is a possibility as the test may have been taken too soon, and the hormone that is picked up in a pregnancy test may not have been strong enough to be picked up on yet. As long as you have been using a reliable contraception and taking the pill as instructed this should be ok. Work out when the last time you had unprotected sex was or even when there may have been a chance of a slip up, you usually take a test 12 - 14 days after the intercourse, to get an early reading.
If the test is still negative after the required time, and the problem is still there, see a doctor. You may be lucky and just be having a light period. Hope this is some help to you :)