I had my tonsils out appoximately 7 weeks ago. Since then, I have had a coated tongue. Especially right at the back. I am fairly sure it isn't a thrush infection from the post procedure antibiotics (I've tried oral thrush drops and probiotics etc).

Has anyone els had this? Is there something about the procedure itself that could be causing it?

i have exactly the same problem,its been amonth since i had my op n thts the exact feeling i hav,plus my tongue feels bitter and also i cant taste my food very well,some on tell me this isnt permanent

Have you had your regular checkup after the tonsillectomy? If you had,  did your doctor told you something about this?

Basically we are all different and we react different on the same things. My best friend couldn’t taste food after his tonsillectomy for a few months. He was claiming that the food tastes terrible and he even has lost few pounds during this period. It could be nothing and maybe it is something you should be worried about but I believe the best solution is to consult your doctor and ask from him to explain to you the reasons why this is happening and when it is going to get away. Let us know about the information you get from him.