I think many of us guys have at one time or another used something to reduce friction and make masterbation more pleasurable.

Regular use of lubes for masterbation that contain chemicals can become irritating to the penis and cause symptoms such as dry and flaking skin, bumps, itching, redness etc.

I've found that Biotene Oral Balance Mouth Moisturizing Gel Saliva Substitute is superior. It is a saliva substitute for those with poor saliva production due to age, med side effects. It has the same consistency as KY Jelly, is clear and very safe. It's a great masterbation lube and never, ever irritates the penis as it's designed to be placed in the cheeks of the mouth and it is very long lasting. It's slippery and washes off easily.

It is over the counter not a prescription and is water soluble. You can find it at most any pharmacy or online.

Another Biotene product which is good is Oral Balance Dry Mouth Moisturizing Liquid. It is designed to be squirted in the mouth as often as needed to instantly relieve dry mouth. It is also a great masterbation lube with no irritation ever.

The penis skin is very thin and delicate and so many guys post all over the net on so many sites about all these penis skin problems from using lubes both for sexual intercourse and masterbation. Try something that doesn't have irritating chemicals.

Petroleum jelly aka vasoline or creamy vasoline-the white colored stuff -isn't the best masterbation lube as over time it causes the skin of the penis particularly the head of the penis to become thinner and more sensitive to chemicals.

KY Jelly is great but some of us have irritation or sensitivity issues with this product and it has some preservatives in it that can bother some guys.

Whatever you use be sure to WASH, RINSE and DRY your penis after using anything on it for either sexual intercourse or masterbation.

Have Fun

i always use some warm water and soap for lube, and i have a rash on my inner left thigh right beside my left testicle, could that be the cause? if it is should i just stop using soap as lube for a while

o.O dont use soap as lube ever it will make yur penis burn and give you a rash

I have a slighly purulent discharge.  Could this be related to the lubricant that I use?  I like WD40 which is readily available at my place of employment (sometimes I get bored at work).  I also noticed decrease in my vision.  Can that be related to masturbation as my parents suggest?  Thanks for your feedback on this important matter.  I will check Google for your reply.