after I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I was first started on Glucophage (metformin), but since that wasn’t enough to bring my blood sugar levels down to adequate levels I also started using exenatide as Byetta prefilled pen.

The main issue I’m having on exenatide is series of stomach problems, from acid reflux and severe heartburn, to almost constant nausea. On the bright side, my blood sugar is where it needs to be, but the side effects are really annoying. If anyone knows of ways to manage acid reflux while on Byetta, please share!

as long as you tell your pharmacist you suffer from type 2 diabetes, I don't see any other reason why you shouldn't get either over the counter antacid, or talk with your doctor about prescribing you one.

The general rule in controlling acid reflux is to stay away from acidic, spicy or too fat foods - this should already be covered with your diabetes-adjusted diet, but still it might help to avoid these foods for a while.