Hi. I'm 47 year old male and I'm not sure what is happening to me. You see, about two months now, I started to feel these burning sensations in my stomach.
Of course, I first thought that it is caused by excess acid in it because a friend of mine had it also. He recommended me to drink a lot of milk because it will neutralize the acid and so I did. I didn’t contact any doctor over this.
But the problem is that this didn’t solve the problem at all and that’s why I started to worry because I don’t know what else could cause these burning sensations! So, if anyone knows maybe more about this please, calm me with some information!

I understand completely your problem and I don’t blame your friend because he was only trying to help you. In did, most of the burning stomach problems are caused by excess acid but not all cases. Many other disorders can cause this sensation as well.
Gallbladder disease, such as presence of gall bladder stone, typically causes right-sided pain, but it can also cause upper abdominal pain that may be felt as a burning sensation you already described.
Pain originating from the bile duct and duodenum can also cause this kind of pain. This pain is in most cases caused by duodenal ulcer.
I have read somewhere that, no meter what is the cause, burning sensations should be reported to physician and receive antibiotics immediately.

the feeling i'm having in my stomach is not a burning its a intense pain. i usually get it after having sex. i really wanna know y this is happening to me. me and my boyfriend is worried.

did you check if ur pregnant? :-)

Your problem may still be with acid, and you really should stop with the milk. Milk eases symptoms temporarily, but it actually causes an increase in acid production, and will aggravate any problems.

Oddly enough, spicy foods are much better for ulcers and acid reflux, and actually help stomachs heal.

Hi. I'm 30 year old male and I'm not sure what is happening to me. You see, about one months now, I started to feel these burning sensations in my stomach.
Of course, I first thought that it is caused by excess acid in it. On more thing I would like to share that is I am a gas tic patient from last 15 year but I never had a burning problem.
I contacted doctor and they are telling that you have to go thru with the entire checkup like, ultra sound and endoscopic . When I eat les spice and chilly I feel less burning .
I started to worry because I don’t know what else could cause these burning sensations! So, if anyone knows maybe more about this please, calm me with some information

i had stomach pains after sex and it was diagnosed as PID (pelvic inflamatory disease) go to the doctor

Hi guys,

I pray that my sharing this experience helps someone. It is amazing how much I now sympathize with people who

suffer from digestive related ailments. In any case, here it goes ... (and wish you the best.

I am a healty 30 year old male who weights 182 pounds and about 6 foot 1 inches. I have eaten healthy meals for years (vegetables, fruit and meat three times a day). I have a relaxed LES (esophageal sphincter) which causes some reflux but suffered mostly of burning sensation under the rib cage area (I always thought here is where the stomach was).

After a series of exams (HITA scan, ultrasound, endoscopies, biopsies, etc) and several GI doctors, surgeons,

and family care physician visits, I finally went to a Dr. who focuses on nutrition who told me what the

problem to my burning stomach was.

I thought I had unbearable acid reflux for about a year (took me to the emergency room a few times) when I

actually had something else. I had to leave work and school (it completely affected my lifestyle).

After taking Aciphex for a year and switching to Prevacid and Sucralfate recently with no success, a doctor

(who focuses on nutrition) told me that the pain was happening in the duodenum (below stomach, first section

of intestine), since bile was being secreted by the gallbladder at times when I had nothing in that area. I

believe most of us thinks the stomach is right under the rib cage when we may be touching the

duodenum. If this is where the pain feels, then it could be bile being secreted by the gallbladder at times when your stomach is empty.

He told me to stop the medicine and is having me eat six times a day. He wants me to focus on eating protein

(of course, some fruit and vegetables.
Proteins (walnuts, eggs, red meat) would help - he said. And it is now having such a great effect:

7:00 AM -> big breakfast
9:30 AM -> small protein snack
12:00 PM -> big lunch (big = moderate)
2:00 PM -> Another snack
5:30 PM -> big dinner (moderate size)
8:00 PM -> another snack

*The doctor did give me some natural medicine to help heal the duodenum, which may be a little sensitive, but

the "real" solution is in the multiple meals and protein snacks. He said that the protein keeps the bile salt

in the duodenum in check. If I felt the burning sensation at any other time (e.g. 3:00 AM), he suggested to

eat a handful of nuts to fill the duodenum, so the bile salts acts on that and not on the lining of the

duodenum.

Like magic, I am not feeling the "unbearable" burning sensation (which has made go to the emergency care and

hospitalized this past weekend).

I believe a lot of people are taking acid reducers thinking the stomach is producing too much acid when it is

the duodenum being burned by bile salts coming from the gallbladder.

Nonetheless, I first suggest getting checked by a doctor to determine if there is an actual problem. If no

issues are found, I would suggest trying this several-meal, protein-like method and see how it works.

My disclaimer: Every situation is different and this information should be treated as "informational" only.

It seems to be working for me ....

I pray that - if you choose to try it - it works for you!

FindingRelief

Hi guys,

suffer from digestive related ailments. In any case, here it goes ... (and wish you the best - Please feel

free to contact me if you have questions or want to tell me if it works (**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **). I will be happy to help.

problem to my burning stomach was.

(of course, some fruit and vegetables.

7:00 AM -> big breakfast
9:30 AM -> small protein snack
12:00 PM -> big lunch (big = moderate)
2:00 PM -> Another snack
5:30 PM -> big dinner (moderate size)
8:00 PM -> another snack

duodenum.

hospitalized this past weekend).

It seems to be working for me ....

FindingRelief

findingrelief, thank you for the information. I have been feeling burning sensation in my lower stomach, mostly on both sides and under the belly button. I am not sure what this is and have not been able to pin point the cause or eating habit that may be causing this. but its really worrying me. I will try what you described and will let everyone know if it helps.

Hi i am a 50 yr old woman...it has started about 2 weeks ago that i get burning sensations after i eat..also i quit smoking 6 yrs ago...after that i developed thyroid problems and have become very gassy

the problem now is the stomach burning and the gas seems to go together and the gas is worse..can someone help me with ideas?

thanks

I went to the doctor after burning in my stomach but im only 12 and he said i had an ulser

Please, see a doctor. I had my gall bladder removed and the pain is worse now then before. I also found out I have chronic Chron's Disease. Be persistent, request extensive testing, and don't give up. I've moved on from M.D.'s to an internal medicine specialist now because of my medicial condition.

hi this is khalid i am 40 years old feel burning in my stomach for the last 7 years. i don't smoke but in the past i was a small smoker. only 5 cigarettes smoke in a day. i smoke cigarette 3to4 years.And i feel acidity in my stomach after eating the meal.I use the medicine for this purpose (omeprazole salt) like promto, ogopton, and syrup gaviscon.
thanks Pervez Khalid

I'm a 33 year old female and last night I had another episode (that's what I call them). First my stomach started churning, as if I had diarrhea, and I did....bad it was mush, just water at the end. Then all of a sudden I got this burning pain like someone struck a match in my stomach and the burn became so intense, I could hardly sit on the toilet. Then I started sweating all over and I became nauseated, which happens usually, except this time I actually vomit. I fell over in pain on the bathroom floor and finally crawled to the tub to turn on some cold water, but I felt so tired, I could hardly move.
This is not the first time this has happedned to me, but this has been the most intense episode that I've had. I was told it was IBS, but I don't know because when I look at the symptoms associated.....I'm never constipated...ever!!!! It can almost be described as a Volcano that erupted! It's the most painful experience I've had...worst than child birth. The burning....oh my Lord. I practically drink Pepto Bismol, because it soothes my stomach and if I drink enough in time it will ease the pain somewhat. I'm making another appointment tomorrow, but does anyone have a clue what this could be. Please help, I'm afraid to go far from from home, because of the fear I have that my volcano might erupt. :'(