I am 43 and ever since I can remember, I have problems with acid reflux. However, recently ma doctor told me that I have heart palpitations. I was wondering if these two are connected. I have few friends who told me different things, so now I do not know what to think. I would appreciate if you might tell me anything, because anyway I will not understand all details.

Some people think that acid reflux is connected with heart palpitations, however, that may not be a case with you. This is a question, which you need to ask your doctor. It is due to a fact that he is the only one, who knows your case the best. Palpitations are heartbeat sensations that feel like pounding or racing. People usually have an unpleasant awareness of their own heartbeat. Reducing stress and anxiety can help lessen heart palpitations. Acid reflux is sometimes a term used synonymously with heartburn but heartburn is only one symptom of acid reflux disease. Acid reflux disease is also known as Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease or GERD and can be diagnosed in both children and adults. The most common way to prevent acid reflux is changes in eating patterns. Acid reflux patients should avoid alcohol, calcium, coffee and too much vitamin C. For any additional information, contact your doctor.

Definitely connected. Acid reflux implies upset stomach which will stimulate the vagus nreve. This is the nerve which controls heart rate. Also possible to get a slower beat with this problem. I have acid reflux and mild ulceration and I experience both fast and slow heart rates regularly. Very fit indeed with no chest pain or breathlessness

my parents believe i have acid reflux "inherited from my mother" but here is my history. Im current 18 when i was 7 in elem. school i use to eat ketchup -jus alot of ketchup- then when i was 10 it was a bad taste that use to go into my throat with a burp or something and burn and a bad taste when i swallow it back down. Then from age 13 - 18 it feels like when i breath in "happens 6-7 times" within a day now, i breath in feels like my heart is struggling to pump then i cant breath in i have to breath back out and breath in harder and force it to pump whatever it is that it cant pump and when i do that it hurts reaaaaally REALLY bad for approx 15secs and it feels like it starts to slow down and wants to stop...after 15secs it resumes again normal buh the left side of my neck feels to be irritated with that effect*i believe its pumping in acid and blood*. Also, when i eat..for 30mins to an hour im coughin alot because it feels like i still have some of the food in my throat n seems like i still cant swallow it.

ketchup happens to be one of the most hazardously acidic food substances that humans can eat. plus now a days there may be more in ketchup than meets the eye. in test on human guinea pigs fast food would have killed these people within two months had they not ended the test. the only two things they were eating that was any different from what other fast food junkies were eating in that quantity was french fries. eating everything else but the fries did not cause death. so was it the fries? or was it the ketchup that covered the fries? nobody knows. but this much is certain: cooked tomatoes are the most acidic food a human can eat.

I have had acid reflux symptoms since 2007 and i am miserable.I had a situation last night after eating some squash prepared with salsa and tomatoes and my heart rate shot up to 140.I was a mess.i had to take acid reflux meds at 4:00 last night.I am so depressed today and i am scheduled for a endoscopy on the 3rd of august.I have had an ekg,stress test and a houlter monitor and they say my heart is fine so what is going on here.I have terrible insomnia because i cannot sleep half the time.I used to have awflul panic attacks in the 1990's.Please if anyone else has any answers it could be helpful.

gosh this sounds alot like me too. i am 23 m and lost my twin brother a few years ago and ever since then ive had bad anxiety(drank alot on top of that). so now i have reflux and defintely believe that it is messing with my nerves as my heart seems irregular. i really try to eat as organic as possible and cut out acid

Acid reflux.
I am 43 yrs old and I am coming out of acid reflux. My story may be able to help some of you.
They say that acid reflux is caused by poor eating habits and or bacteria in your stomach.
I was having all the symptom of acid reflux for months and no one could find out what I had than I force my doctor to check for Helicobacter pylori. which I ended up testing positive.
I got omeprazole (Prilosex) plus 2 antibiotics. 4 pills a day for 14 days.
After the treatment my stomach was hitching and I still had a hard time eating. I was still creating too much acid so this is what i did:
Aloe vera juice before every meal
Eating every 3 hrs small meal. No row vegetable -steam fresh vegetable only and protein. No oily or greasy food at all, not blac chocolate and not alcohol.
I eat protein and green 3 time a day and a lot of low fat low sugar organic yogurt-all day as snack and all.
I take 4 pills a day of Jarro Dophilus(can find it in health store). One pill 45 min before every meal to help my stomach and intestines get their natural bacteria back. Drink it with hot water It makes pill swallowing easier.
You need to keep the body alkaline, the bad bacteria don't like an alkaline environment.
I drink Apple Cyder Vinegar (2 table spoons in 0.5l drink of water) throughout the day.
I don't mix the protein & green vegetable with fruits.
Sugar create more acid so I am very careful with the fruit I eat.
I recommend: Cranberry juice-Prune juice (the sugar free type mix with H2O)
2 tea spoons of honey mix with water before eating.
Avocado-apples-banana-melon-walnuts-almonds-tofu-sweat potato-fish-Grilled chicken (legs grilled) easier on your stomach. Not red meat at the beginning it is too hard on the stomach. camomile tea help digestion process.

I stop eating 3hrs before bedtime. I sleep with my upper body higher than the bed level almost in a semi setting position.
I don't lift weight or jog because I was creating too much acid and it was giving me some palpitation. I ride my bike slowly without too much effort, and also walk. I make sure I space out my workout to avoid any palpitation with my hard.
Now I am getting better and I know you can be acid reflux free..it take time and patience.
I am almost certain that a lot of you will test negative for every test on the planet but small bacteria such as Escherichia coli-E-coli and other don't really have a test for them and you could have some small bacteria in your system putting it out of balance. So fight for a treatment to clean the bad bacteria out of your system and work on increasing the growth of the good bacteria your body need. Mediation is a must in the healing process
Good luck to you all.

THE ANSWER TO ACID REFLUX IS SIMPLE. A TOTALY NATRUAL REMEDY AND VERY SIMPLE. IT WORKS AND I PROVED IT 100% !! FOR FULL INFORMATION - E.MAIL ME AT ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
I PROMISE YOU THAT YOU WILL FIND RELEIF AT LONG LAST. NO MORE RAPID HEARTBEAT, SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, OR PAIN. ITS ALL OVER IF YOU JUST DO THIS SIMPLE THING. GODBLESS YOU ALL.

WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE THE INFO ON ACID REFLUX.

hi i am 40 yrs i have acid reflux my symptom are pain in my hand i all so get the palpitateion in my throat its alwasy beating how many of u have this too i cant do any thing went it is happening

Could you please send me the info on the natural remedy for acid reflux- GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

I love my brother too. He died in his sleep. His heart just stopped beating. Every since then I've had issues with acid reflux and sleep too.

I agreed with most of what you said here, especially the vinegar and honey. Although I don't do half of what you're doing, I wholeheartedly agree on the vinegar. Here's what I do every night before going to bed. I cup of water + 1 spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar (must be apple cider) + 2 spoon of honey. The exact ratio should be 1:1 for the vinegar and honey. But I like it a bit sweeter. It's easier going down for me. The smell of vinegar takes a bit of getting used to. But it works!!! Prior to this, I was using Prilozac. It works for a while then it stops. Besides, I don't the thought of dumping chemicals into my body day in day out. So I figure there must be a better way. For me, the combination of vinegar and honey really does the trick. Please note that you don't have to drink all one whole cup. You can use half. I started out drinking the whole cup, but as the symptoms subsided, I cut back. Now a day, I just use 1/4 of a cup. And that's more than enough. The best method of controlling GERD is small meal and spicy foods. But I love spicy foods, and I'm still eating that. Since I find out about this from my mother in law, I'm a bit liberal in what I eat and the amount. I know I shouldn't do that, but the temptation is hard to beat. Anyway, you guys should try that. And with a little more discipline than me, you guys should be ok. Best of luck to all

I want to know