I am a 46 year old female.
I have had almost constant nausea for three months.
I went to my doctor about three months ago because I was feeling very 'different'. Some of my symptoms were, loss of appetite, feeling full early, acid reflux, chills, weird head 'rushes', and heart palpitations. My doctor said that I was probably having anxiety attacks(!). I could not believe it! I was not convinced that all of a sudden, I would be having anxiety attacks. Then, he said I may be perimenopausal. He recommended that I try a low dose birth control pill, to hopefully help with some of these symptoms, and my heavy periods.
Two weeks into taking the pill, I went back three times, because I was still feeling very strange. After a blood test, I was told I had iron deficient anemia.
I began iron supplements, and immediately felt extremely nauseated, but I kept taking them for three weeks. When I could no longer take the nausea, my doctor prescribed 5 iron injections, which I received, every two days, for a week. The doctor said injections don't have to pass through the stomach. My nausea worsened. One month after my last injection, I went back to my doctor who said the nausea could not be from the iron. I then decided to discontinue the birth control pill, thinking that it must be the cause of the nausea. I had started both medications within two weeks of each other, after all. I was so excited! I was sure that it had to be the pill! (By the way, the heart palps, weird head rushes, itching, are all gone now. Must have been the anemia, not so called anxiety attacks. I knew I wasn't having anxiety.)
Well, it's two months later, and I'm intensely nauseated most days. I have been researching online, and have found that nausea may be a symptom of perimenopause, but I'm having a very hard time wrapping my head around that. It's too coincidental that the nausea started after the pill and the iron. I 've also read that anemia can cause loss of appetite and nausea, but it's worse now than before I was diagnosed with it! My blood is fine, now, by the way. It was a 1, now it's a 13, whatever that means.
I hardly ever eat anymore, which is strange for me, since I always had the biggest appetite. I feel full almost as soon as I start eating, and feel like I am going to die. I can't play a golf game or go campimg with my husband anymore, because I feel so crappy all the time. I have lost about 8 pounds, which is alot, as I am only 110. I can hardly exercise anymore, which I've been doing all of my adult life. I just go through the motions anyway, but I never work out hard anymore. I can't.
I need help. I do not want to live like this.
I hate taking pharmaceuticals. I am already taking synthroid (forever), and asacol to keep my ulcerative colitis (which I'm positive is due to my taking four courses of accutane, in my twenties, for acne) in remission. A total of 5 pills per day. I know I have to take those drugs, but I don't want to take any more new ones.
Is there any help for me?
Please, any direction from a professional may help me.
Thank you

Since you hate taking pharmaceuticals, and you already have seen a professional for your problems without much relief, may I suggest eating more soy products such as tofu and soy milk. Soy phytoestrogen has been reported to give relief to women suffering from menopausal symdrome.

bevmemine
I'm not a professional but can really empathise with the way this is making you feel. I know it's been some time since you posted this but I was wondering if you had ever been tested for Helicobacter pylori? There is some more information out there on the various symptoms but because right at the top of your list is the feeling of constant nausea along with loss of appetite, feeling full early, acid reflux... it drew my attention (I have similar). I'm also very fatigued and I'm waiting on the results of a blood test at present.

Being perimenopause and nauseousness (one thing comes to my mind)--depression (severe)-if all the other test don't show anything!

I am having the same problem as you----, I am very petite also like you--and I have a little bit of ACID REFLUX, but I know that is not the cause of my nauseousness (I have been nauseous for the last 60 days and feelings of fullness )--I am 43 years old and going quick and fast into Menopause.. The doctor says my Sodium levels are a little low--but not too concerning...

The only thing that works for me is to drink ginger ale (I Love Vernors Brand)--and to lay flat on my stomach with my spine straight--
Even though the nauseousness is coming more from my head--this seems to work for me, but I have to lay down alot like this..

going into menopause has been the worst experience of my life (it aggravated everything wrong with me--and plus I feel like I am going to die and go into Dementia with this) i have had MRI's of the brain, and almost ready to go on DISABILITY...I seen every doctor imaginable and I have to go have blood work every 6 months to make sure I have not come down with CANCER, plus I have to go see a dementia doctor once a year for testing.. Sucks!!

i am a 19 year old female and i have the exact same symptoms. I am currently going through all the blood work, urine tests, ultra sounds, etc. But i realize we have something in common, acne pills. Today my doctor asked me to stop taking mine, you should try the same. All of our symptoms are a side effect of acne pills

I also have the same problem... except i'm only 20 years old and I've never taken any acne pills at all... but I am a vegetarian... But I doubt that would have anything to do with it... Cause, this just started happening to me about a week now... and it makes me feel so bad about myself...

I've had this same problem for about 6 months now... I can go through periods (about a week) of feeling ok, but then i'm back to feeling nausea after meals, fullness and then that changes into feeling nauseous all day long. I'm tired all the time and slowly becoming very down about it.... Ive had lots of bloods,and seen the gastro man. He told me that as i'm not in pain and not actually being sick, there's not much he can do. I've to keep a food diary for 4 months until my next app.... I'm 37 and wondered if it had anything to do with hormones... there is no 1 food that triggers it, i can have the same food one week and be fine, but the following week be chronically nauseated. I've tried ulcer tablets and i'm now on Domperidone thats supposed to stop the feeling of nausea, i sometimes take Valoid when the nausea gets too much..... When it does get to being nauseated all the time, i also have reflux.... Any advice would be great :-)

Have any of you tried reflux meds?

Hi, im a 21 year old female. And had symptoms quite similar. i had the same symtoms as you, mine got so bad that i found it hard to do everyday tasks/ exercise. I went to the doctor and each time i was told there was nothing wrong with me. It was so frustrating and i was getting no better. Then i went to a specialist (out of my own pocket) and found that i was lactose intolerant, it can come on sudden/ go with time. Maybe you should go try going and getting tested.. it could be that you are intolerant to some food. I feel 100 times better, no more nausea, tiredness/ weakness.

Hello, my mom is having the same simptoms. Have you ever figured it out what was going on with you?

Have you ever had your vit D level checked? I know lots of people with lots of different symptoms that were solved w/ vit D! I have osteoporosis from low levels of D and am supplementing 6000 iu a day. One person had lots of stomach problems and it took 2 years to discover it was all due to low D, Worth a blood test to check!

I am having the same symptom as well. I am on a birth control pill, however I've been on it for a month and a half & the nausea/fullness started last week. I used to LOVE spicy food but in the past week I noticed I can't eat anything spicy, peppery or greasy without getting a burning in my throat. Also, almost as soon as I start eating I feel full. I teach Zumba 3x a week, I normally have the appetite of a high school football player. Now I can barely eat most of a chicken sandwich before I have to stop because I'll feel sick. I've been tested and came out positive for Vitamin D deficiency, however I was on Vitamin D pills before getting taken off a couple of months ago due to my levels reaching a satisfactory level. I'm 24, almost 25 and I highly doubt menopause is the culprit. I've never been on acne medication like some of you. I have had panic attacks (recently as well) and that is a totally different feeling. When I feel sick I'm the furthest from having a panic attack,so it's safe to discount PAs as a possibility. Anybody else know a possible cause?

First thing get a full blood work up I mean every hormone level check , blood work parasitve check, h pylori check, and obgyn papsmear, Find a dr that is a professional in bioidentical hormones and knowthat the MD reads test results differently for MD it has to be in the range but for bioidentical hormone specialist it has to be very close to exact that is why
I wold see them I find the best in the area or jsut see a chines med dr and get a formulat 1000's of years of perfection cant be to far off from the truth

I had the same symptoms forever and was also called perimenopausal.  Unrelated, I had a kidney stone and the MRI showed a massive paraesophogeal hernia (my stomach had pushed into my chest and was upside down!)  This caused the anemia, reflux, early fullness and also breathing problems.  Have you had an abdominal MRI?  I recommend it.  Surgery was my only option... 

My mother has crones and is having all of the same problems.  They have done about every test there is.  Tuesday she will have a bone marrow test.  She is loosing 4 to 5 lbs every month and is unable to eat.  She had an upper GI and is OK there.  Huge mystery