Hello! I have removed my tonsils three days ago. They were enlarged and caused my obstructive sleep apnea. I felt terrible last three days; the pain was extreme. Today my pain is tolerable but I have been spitting up a lot. My throat and mouth are constantly filled with spit. It hurts very much when I swallow, so I have to spit it out all the time. Is this common?

Hello! Don't worry. This is completely normal and common after tonsillectomy. My brother had the same problems and a chewing gum helped him a lot. You should try it too. You have to chew and swallow the spit; try to force yourself to swallow. Also, don't forget to drink lot of liquid. This will help you to stay hydrated. This is very important after the surgery and it will probably solve your problems with spit. Water is the best. You will feel much better in the next few days.