i am 21 years old and 13 days post-surgery for having my tonsils and adenoids removed. for the most part i am doing worlds better, i can drink and eat soft foods, but i have a toothache in my molar that developed about day 5 that has only intensified. it is usually a dull pain that grows to AWFUL as soon as it comes in contact with anything cold.

i've never had a cavity and i looked at it with a flashlight and didn't see anything visible. i'm thinking it is related to my surgery since the pain began soon after the tonsillectomy...

has anyone else experienced severe tooth pain after a tonsillectomy?

I'm two days post-op and my teeth are really sensitive when I chew anything that's not really soft or brush my teeth. I don't know what's going on.

Hello:

I'm a 40 years old woman who had an tonsillectomy on June 8, 2007. The first two days were ok, but when the third day rolled around, I thought that I was going to die. The pain was unbelieveable!!! In my fourth to fifth days, I couldn't chew anything. My teeth, throat and ears were all in pain. I couldn't sleep properly and was awake most nights. I told my friends that the codine medicine was my friend because it the medicine help out alot especially when I needed to swallow anything. Right now I'm on day 10 after my surgery and my throat isn't hurting as bad as before. It's still sore, but it's not in pain.

me too right now!
i'm day ten and the last few nights (maybe 5) i've had my two front teeth hurt really bad especially when i touch them or eat something. i don't know why because they're very strong and fine teeth and i've NEVER had a problem with them before! did your pain go away when you were better or what? :-(!

I'm at day 6 getting really bad molar pain - ENT says due to generalized swelling pushing on nerves, taking steroids (prednisone) to reduce swelling, plus narcotics, seems to keep it in the tolerable range. The area around my molars and back of tongue are rather hugely swollen, throat doesnt feel so bad. Makes me wish I got my wisdom teeth out at same time - two birds with one stone and all. I'm guessing my teeth are totally fine, just referred pain. Been putting ice packs on sides of jaw and drinking icewater and smearing back gums/under tongue with lidocaine, all seems to help some, but still no fun.

I had my tonsils out on Monday and have the same problems with my teeth. Seems like certain teeth are almost hollow feeling. My back gum on the left side if swollen somewhat. I have tried brushing my teeth, but it is very difficult.

When I take a dose of my liquid pain medication, it seems to go straight to a certain spot in my front teeth (which are capped). I had no idea that my teeth would end up being so sensitive. Several people have told me that anesthesia does that to you sometimes.

hi, i had my tonsils out a month ago, for about 3 weeks now iv been experiencing pain.. all of my teeth hurt, cold, hot, sweet causes the pain, its really worrying as i never had any tooth pains before, im hoping thwu didnt damage any nerves that might cause the pain :/

As a rule if you have a longterm feeling that something is wrong, go back to your doctor.

I am on my 3rd day post op 35 year old female and I can't drink anything now with it going up my nose . I can't deal with this sh*t anymore and I hear it's going to get worse. It's 445 am wake up to take my Percocet which by the was isn't doing much for the pain so I take 1 and a half and have to crush it cause my ent is a m***n and gave me pill form. This is doing jack sh*t , I need something that's liquid and actually will take the pain away and let me sleep. And I can't poop either , I am just ripping some heavy massive farts, have no clue why. I said in hospital for 7hrs the day of surgery Tuesday May 20th , 2014 cause I had a bleed so they monitor me longer, said it was left over blood to spit it all out did that then was ok. Till I got home threw up then more blood came out. I took two weeks off at my office job and I already have a feeling that 2 weeks isn't enough and I am going to need 3 weeks . I am ready to hg myself now.

I just had my tonsils removed last week Wednesday (today being Thursday). With previous experience with pain killers they do constipated you, that is why you are urged to stay hydrated with water or powerade. The hydration help with processing the foods that you eat to help your body break them down so you can make bowl movements. I am 20 years old, going on 21 and I agree with everyone, this has now been a walk in the park. I am now on 3 medications, liquid Percocet, a steroid to help with the swelling, and an anti-nausea pill that dissolves underneath my tongue. I really do hope that this gets better in a week because I cannot take this anymore.

I'm having tooth pain too, did you ever figure out why?

I'm sixteen days in and my bottom wisdom teeth are hurting is this normal?

I had one very large tonsil removed a week ago. I had an early morning op so was out of hospital the same day as they were happy i was able to eat well. The first 2 days post op were ok and i managed to eat some soft foods and was relatively happy with progress. After 2 days things started to get painful and so i started taking cocodamol which relieved some pain. After a few days the pain relief gets less effective. By this time i had chronic constipation as i hadnt been to the toilet for a week. No one told me Cocodamol would constipate me and that coupled with my temporary change of diet would lead to a major impaction and pain like i never had in my life before. I made an emergency call to my Doctor and got some pesseries and a laxative to drink. Thankfully this worked fairly quickly and cleared the blockage ! I am experiencing pain in my teeth on the top and bottom on the side the tonsil was removed and this is the main thing that is stopping me eating properly now and making things miserable. I am also experiencing earache on the same side. From reading other posts on here i can see that all my symptoms seem to be parr for the course for many people. I would like to know if the tootache will go on its own or should i get some anti biotics or paracetamol. One more thing i have found if i drink warm full fat milk it goes down well without setting my teeth off and it coats your throat making it easier to swallow. Hope this reassures people youre not on your own in your experiences. Good luck everyone.

I got my tonsils taken out on the 15th and I had 2 throat bleeds 2 days in a row and major surgeries 2 days in a row my heeling process has started over and I'm having trouble dealing with nausea and the pain. Even the medicine doesn't take the pain away it just makes it tolerable. My teeth are starting to hurt and I have a scab that keeps rubbing the back of my throat making me cough and want to vomit. How long before the scabs fall off? And how long before I can eat solid foods.

Its been 6 days for me and its right whole right side of my mouth! My righthand side of my tounge is numb and all the teeth on the righthand side of my jaw are always very sore... Im so glad its not just me though.