I am 2 days post op from my tonsillectomy and let me tell you nothing like i expected. The pain is very sharp and its difficult to even manage to swallow my spit (gross sorry ) but my biggsst frustration is the mucus ! I can barley open my mouth it is so stiff and sore if i put my finger in inly slightly i can pull out mucus i know its aweful to be coughing and clearing mucus out of your throat but i feel like it is gojng to close off my airway seriously could my mucus be due to the fact that i threw up 15 times in days 1 and 2 ?? I finally got anti nausea pills today and could keep my meds down but this mucus has to go i just cant deal w it even when i swallow my meds theres no room so i can tase and feel them go up my nose witch burns please does anyone have any advice on how to breath normal or be more comfortable w the conditions were given

aw sorry to hear hun. when i had my tonsils out i had no pain didnt even need pain meds i just had trouble opening my mouth all the way or chewing. try gargling salt water, just do it gently though as not to irritate the throat too bad to cause bleeding. hope this helps you will feel better soon!

Thank you so much i will deff try that i am having so much trouble opening my mouth today i tried to peak in there to see what it looked like i could barley get it opened to see ! So glad to hear yours was a successful and much less painful very lucky !