Hello! I am a mother of autistic child. As you may suppose it my child suffer from a behavioral disorder and recently is suggested to have the ABA therapy. I’m curious what it means exactly and how this ABA therapy could help.

I think I am pretty competent to answer this question since I’m a mother of autistic child, too. You need to know that the autism can not be cured, but its symptoms can be relieved by using ABA therapy. I was suspicious at first but now I’m convinced that behavioral therapy has helped my child in sense that this disorder didn’t show much of development. Using medicines is very important in relieving symptoms, but ABA-applied behavior analysis therapy is also very important because it helps to autistic child to keep better communication with his environment. ABA therapy consists of a special education programs which help autistic child to improve its ability to learn, to improve social and job skills as much as to acquire self-care which is also very important. There’re also some studies that shows us a good recovery result found in autistic children whose therapy was actually a mixture of medical and educational therapy including behavioral therapy. So, my suggestion to you would be that you get started with ABA therapy as soon as it is possible, because it is very important for your child to start with it while he is still young and the results would be better.