My 5 year old child is being suspected of having a high functioning autism. What does this term means exactly and where I should take him to get diagnosed. And I’d like to hear of high functioning autism’s symptoms. Thanks.

You should get him diagnosed as earlier as you can if there’s any suspicious of autism for the earlier the autism is diagnosed the better results are in receiving appropriate help.
The autism is not well known disorder so you better get diagnosed your child by the good team of counselors. Higher functioning autism is a form of autism that is usually described by the term Asperger syndrome. And the symptoms are: difficulty in learning and socializing, avoiding company of other children or precise unawareness of their presence, children with autism may be preoccupied with a certain object per hours and so on. Nowdays there’re developed educational programs that can help your child to improve his communication and learning skills.