I’m 6 months pregnant and I recently found out that my dad’s grandfather suffered from autism. Could this genetic disorder affect on my child and what are the autism signs and symptoms.

First of all, this is a brain disorder that affects intellectual, speech and other capabilities.
You don’t need to worry much of the family history although the researches show that this factor is not to be underrated. If you have any doubt and are concerned for your future child’s condition you should follow up his development starting from its birth. The autism signs and symptoms are: avoiding eye contact, hearing and speech difficulties, isolation and unawareness of the others person’s presence. Child with autism is unsociable, has communication difficulties and is often isolated and preoccupied with a specific object or a toy. But despite all this many children with autism are capable of understanding feeling, needs and thoughts of other people. It’s not like all these symptoms are common in all children with autism which means that one with autism is able to communicate just fine. It’s not like the child with autism has to be putted in an institution. There’re nowdays educational programs that helps people with autism to develop their skills and helps them improve their language and learning capabilities. The parent’s patience is important as well as the educational environment and in combination with medical treatment the autism can be managed.