My friend had sex with some guy she barely knows. She knows what she did was stupid, and can't change anything. However, she heard something about the abortion pill, Mifeprex. Can I get more details?

Mifeprex, or the abortion pill as it is known, was approved by Food and Drug Administration in the year 2000. It was approved as an option for first-trimester abortions and it can be used up to seven weeks after the beginning of a woman's last menstrual period. Mifepristone (Mifeprex) acts by binding to the progesterone receptors in the uterus and this leads to contraction of the uterus causing abortion of the fetus. Mifepristone can not be used in ectopic pregnancy, because it can cause rupture. Also, it has been reported that there is a risk of serious systemic infection. 3.5 per 1000 pregnancies is the rate of serious infection as a complication of pregnancy. Uterine infection occurs in 0.0-6.1% of first trimester of medical abortions and in 0.1-4.7% surgical abortions. In the past, this was usually associated with illegal abortions. It rarely occurs with pelvic surgery or normal childbirth. One heart attack occurred in a 21-year old and this is the only case of heart attack reported with Mifeprex and misoprostol use.

hi.
where can u get that drug and how expensive is it.
do you need to get a perscription from a doctor?
PLEASE HELP

You can check out abortion clinics in your area and see if they offer it.

I have an appointment on the 8th of this month to take the first pill and 2 days later I take the second pill that causes the miscarriage.I'm very nervouse about it because I've read the risks,But this option works best for me rather than having to lay down while they suction me out.The second pill you take at home and anyone can be with you.The cost in my state is a little over 500.00 for the abortion pill,My medical coupon covers it.For more information on the abortion pill go to the google search and type it in.

You don't need a prescription from a doctor,You can get it directly from a clinic that has it as an option.

NO!

ABORTION PILLS can only be obtained from an abortion clinic.

PLAN B MORNING AFTER PILL IS NOT AN ABORTION PILL! Many people falsley believe this.

Mifeprex and misoprostol is an abortion pill,Thats what this discussion is about.Not the morning after pill.Someone mentioned Mifeprex,So their looking for the abortion pill,So I'm assuming their pregnant and it's not just a morning after situation.

well im fourteen and im afraid im pregnant.. i have all the symptoms and ive missed my period can i still buy that pill and would it be safe for my age?

IF you are pregnant, you need an abortion.

Plan B morning after pill is not an abortion.

IF you are concerned about pregnancy, please Contact Planned Parenthood. Pregnancy tests and medical services do not require parental consent.

IF it has been less than 5 days after you had sex, you CAN use PLAN B because you WOULD NOT BE PREGNANT YET.

Dear Guest,

As you probably realize there is more than one opinion about abortion. I have not had an abortion, but many of my friends who have had abortions, wish they hadn't. I think it is a good idea to look at all the information before you decide, and it would be easy for you to talk to one of my friends. If you go to www.whoisgrace.org you can email someone who did have an abortion and ask how she feels about her decision. Also, she has some information about the abortion pill.

But you can go to the FDA website and find out a little information about it. I just wrote a research paper on RU 486 and the world wide research shows mifepristone (also called Mifeprex, also called RU-486, it is the abortion pill) causes more pain and more bleeding than if you have the surgery. In many countries world wide, they have comparison studies and by far there is more bleeding and more pain with the pill compared to the surgery. Not what you would think, but very true.

You can get a lot of info at the FDA webpage. First of all the Mifepristone "Label" page tells most of the basics, and you can see what percentage of people had which side effects in both the U.S. trials and in the French trials. That webpage is at:

http://www.fda.gov.cder.foi/lable/2005/020687s3lbl.pdf

Then there is the "Medication Guide" that doctors are supposed to give patients, and also a "Patient agreement page" that you are supposed to sign, and a general information page. This is all the information that the government feels you should have specifically about this type of abortion if you are going to have it. You should know the side effects. By the way, the FDA says to plan to have about 2 weeks of bleeding if you take RU 486, and also, abut 8 women out of every hundred will bleed for a month or longer. That does not happen with the surgery. But here are some of the other FDA pages which are exactly relevant to your decision.

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/mifepristone/default.htm http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/mifepristone/mifeprexMedguide20050719.pdf

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/mifepristone/patientAgreement20050719.pdf

The other thing is, when you have the RU 486 abortion, it is not just one pill, it is two drugs, one is Mifeprex (mifepristone) but it is used along with another drug called Cytotec (its other name is misoprostol). This is the FDA required product information for Cytotec.

www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/2002/19268slr037.pdf

There was a large study in New Zealand by a researcher who was not anti-abortion or anything, but he found that with the 15 to 18 year olds, half of them were suicidal after their abortions, while girls that had gotten pregnant but didn't have an abortion had a much lower rate of suicidal thoughts and actions, also much lower rate of depression. The 15 to 18 year olds that had the abortion--78% had clinical depression afterwards.

If you go to an abortion clinic, they will likely encourage you to abort. Many people would think that is a good idea at your age. On the other hand, not everyone thinks that and there are women who have had abortions who wish they hadn't. If you want to have someone help you look at the other side, the side of not having an abortion, you can google for Bethany Christian Services, or google Birthright International and call their hotline. I do not work for either of these groups, but I know people who have worked with these groups and I think you would find someone who can help you think this through. If you do not agree, its a free country, and the abortion clinics will no doubt help you to get an abortion of some type if that is what you truly want.

But people want you to think that this abortion tablet is so easy--you think it would be, just taking a tablet. I have one friend who did that, and she was sick for months after. The research shows, you recover more quickly from the surgery than from the pill with less bleeding and less pain. Still, some women have mental health problems, such as severe depression and even suicide after an abortion. I encourage you not to rush into anything and try to get both sides before you decide.

Can you please tell me where you found the information about the heart attack? I am aware that misoprostol is a "prostaglandin" and I have references to where prostaglandins of various types have caused heart attacks when used for abortions. I have also heard about this one case, but right now I am not able to find an actual reference on any heart attacks from misoprostol. If you have a reference you could give, I would really appreciate it.

One thing you didn't mention about the "abortion pill" (mifeprex with misoprostol) is that there was testimony before a Congressional committee about massive hemrrohage in U.S. cases that have been reported to the FDA, hundreds of cases of heavy bleeding. Dr. Donna Harrison who testified, said that as an OB-GYN she did not usually encounter bleeding of this severity from routine gyn surgery, that the amount of blood lost was more like what you see from massive trauma like a car wreck or something. There are studies world wide that show heavier bleeding and bleeding for a longer time with the abortion pill compared to just having a surgical abortion. Dr. Harrison said that one woman lost half her blood volume, which is a lot, and a number of women have needed transfusions and also some have had to have surgery due to the heaviness of the bleeding.

The bleeding is a side effect that is listed in the FDA information. Obviously, not everyone hemorrhages like that, but it has happened all too often. Just with the regular bleeding, it is prolonged with this type of abortion, FDA says 8 women out of every 100 can expect to have bleeding that goes on for a month or longer, but then some do have the really serious bleeding.

But anyway, as far as any heart attacks from misoprostol or from mifepristone wtih misoprostol, I would really appreciate it if you could post a reference if you have one. When I was writing my paper, I ignored the information to start with because I was getting tired and I thought I had enough information about various issues on this medication, now I find I do need to know about the heart attack issue. Thanks for any help, since you mentioned that I thought you may know.

Bernadette

Abortion pill is extremely painful!
You will bleed and bleed 1 napkin won’t fold all the blood. You will be wearing napkins (no tampons) and have to change the napkins every 5 minutes or so. Then you will feel a chuck comes out. This is the fetus. It is not a pleasant experience. At 8 - 10 weeks, the fetus has a small head with big black eyes and arms, (no legs) I was shocked and got very sad when I saw it. I don't recommend this procedure. I have done the surgery as well, surgery is uncomfortable but you don't feel the physical pain. After the 2 mistakes of abortion, I'm married and trying to get pregnant, but no result. It is such a big decision, you should think about it. The emotional pain will never leave you.

One of my friends A least i think shes my friend. She told me a week ago she was 4 months pregnant then two days ago she told me she was not .. yesterday she said she was pregnant but she was talking a abortion pill to get rid of the kid... is there any such thing??

i took the abortion pill before. i took the first pill in the office in front of the doctor, then he gave me another one to take the very next day at the same time. my boyfriend has long fingers, (have someone with long finger) he inserted the pill directly into my private. as far as he could. then you lay down in that position for at least an hr. before you can move and soon after you will feeling crampings. mines was heaving just like a miscarriage. eveyone is different. but if you dont take it and you have a baby you will be sorry. i have a 4 yr old and he is my world but if i could go back i would of made that decision then.

I had an abortion a while ago. I was only 14 years old and the guy that was the father was 19. Yes i know he was older than me. Well i had a choice to either get an abortion or the guy went to jail and i went to a foster home. I didnt want to ruin his life for both of our mistakes so i ended up having it done. Even though i regret it til this day it was a smart decision. I was too young and not ready to be responsible for someones life. I was very scared at first but once it was done i had felt like a big weight was lifted off of me. Many people throw it in my face that i did it but i know in the long run it was the right thing to do. I hope some of you can learn from my experience and it will help you in your own decisions.