Can prescription drug Misoprostol really induce abortion? I’ve heard about this recently and I was chocked. I guess it is very dangerous thing to do. Anyone knows more about this?

Yeas I‘ve heard that Misoprostol is often used in self-induced abortion in Latin American countries where legal abortions are unavailable, also in immigrant populations in New York, people without insucrance etc.

Here is some info..

When doing a RU-486 abortion, Misorpostol is used to induce contractions which will expel the fetus and preganncy tissue. BY ITSLEF, misprostol does not work as effectively, and causes some pretty major complications at times.
The RU-486 is an important step, one that many women in LATIN AMERICA do not have access to.

I used misoprostol alone for abortion, i live in a Latin American country where abortion is illegal. I was about 6 weeks pregnant, and used about 5 pills vaginally and orally and I repeated the dosage after 24 hours. I was aware of the risks, but to be honest, there are so many women here that do abortions like that...I bled for about 6 days, expeled a large clot, and had severe cramping (that was really awful). I also experienced diarrhea. I was paying special attention to infection symptoms but thankfully everything was as expected. When i stopped bleeding i went to have a vaginal ultrasound and there was no signs of pregnancy anymore. Around 6-7 weeks later, i had a normal period. I have to say, this was very hard to me and my boyfriend. The side effects were not phisical but emotionals. I suffered severe depression and it took me a lot to get over it. I still think about it everyday. I have mixed feelings now, my heart and my soul regret it, but my mind keeps telling me it was for the best.

you can get over your emotional side effects by asking the Lord to forgive you. That was a human life you chose to end but He can forgive and heal you. Ask Him and change your life! You will see that child again if you get to heaven.