My girlfriend took this last night and got cramps as she thought she was going to come on but never did and no blood. Could it not have worked? She was sick about one hour after taking it.

I found that the success rate of misoprostol is up to 93%. Misoprostol alone, moistened and used vaginally, is over 90% effective in terminating first-trimester pregnancies of less than 8 weeks. Misoprostol alone, dry and used vaginally, is only 50% to 67% effective in terminating first-trimester pregnancies of less than 8 weeks. Less than 1% of women who have an abortion have serious problems afterward. This method of abortion causes symptoms similar to a miscarriage so it is normal to feel sick after taking it.

Sorry I got mixed up it was not misoprostol but mifepristone that she was giving. What would be the chances of this working considering she made her self sick one hour later. Thank you in advance I am very desprate.

I found that Mifepristone may cause side effects like: vaginal bleeding or spotting, cramps, pelvic pain, vaginal burning, itching, or discharge, headache, tiredness, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, anxiety, back or leg pain. She should talk to the gynecologist who gave her Mifepristone, just to make sure, better safe than sorry.