This morning when I got up, I noticed a small bump on the gum above my left molar. It swelled during the night. I don’t feel any pain but I’m still worried because I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s an abscess. Tell me, please, your experience with abscess on molar tooth.

Well, it’s probably abscess. Last year I had abscess on my molar tooth and I also didn’t feel any pain. But you should know that it’s very important that you have right treatment for this kind of things because it can make huge complications. So go to your dentist, don’t wait too long.

I just got a Molar pulled today because it was abcessed. I didn't have any bumps on my gums at all. I started with a tooth ache on sunday Jan/3rd/2010 and by monday it was to the point where I could not sleep or even eat. Today (Tuesday) I went to the dentist, thats when I found out it was abcessed. Believe it or not within two days the pain was unbelieveable. Regardless if there is pain or not, If you see anything around your gums on in your mouth that does not look normal I would suggest going to the dentist. I know what it like to have a abcessed and it is the worst pain ever.