Hi, six weeks ago I had my ACDF between C4 & C5, like you I was really concerned with all kinds of things from surgery going bad to becoming worse than before. My Dr. also said that with any surgery there can be complications, even though he has done many it was his duty to advise me just the same. Never the less my Dr was reassuring and comforting, and had put me to ease. So to answer your questions based on my recent experience:
1. Does anyone have good results? - I have to admit, I worried excessively over nothing, the operation went well without a hitch or complications... Note you need to be positive, it will affect your well being afterwards.
2. Returning to work after 2 weeks. It is very possible, I felt I could have after a week, but the Dr. prescribed the routine 6 weeks, and I am glad i did take the time prescribed, it allowed me to heal carefully and be in tune with my neck meaning I was always aware of my neck movements. All you need is an accidental "Jarring" or sudden jerk movement to create problems. If you can work from home, do so, I did some light computer work from home after a week, but remember to keep a proper posture, and when possible walk around as much as possible, this will allow your neck muscles to regain strength and prevent neck injuries.
3. Lap top use? : after a week or so, I did after a week and a half but only light work, again keep a good posture, if your neck aches for feels tired take a break ( listen to your body).
4.Sleeping on bed: for the 1st week and a half I slept on a recliner, only cuz my neck muscles were still recovering and were weak. afterwards I managed to sleep on my bed with some discomfort for about a week, I used lots of pillows to keep my head n shoulders more elevated. the hard part was getting off the bed, you had to roll off at the same time paying attention to your neck (still sore). By the end of the 3rd week I was sleeping strictly on my back (no sides), by the end of the fourth week to present I can sleep comfortably on my sides. A wedge might help, try pillows first.
5. Food: take vitamins (ie one a day) and lots of protein rich foods and drinks (shakes).
Note: after surgery you throat will hurt like the "dickens" like a really bad sore throat, it will be difficult to swallow even liquids!. The day after surgery when i got released, I was so famished I managed to eat a Big Mac ! I took me a long time to eat it but I managed.

I hope I have helped, there are lots of articles in the web like what to do before and after surgery, physical activity post surgery etc.
Good luck and fear not, all will be well
Ben

I had triple acdf about 3 1\2 weeks ago. Came out if surgery absolutely pain free. Will be in hard collar for 3 months. Should start therapy within next week. Prior to surgery, I did 2 months therapy, epidural injections in spine, traction for 4 months. None of it worked, but tried all options for 11 months. Finally could no longer tolerate the pain and had the surgery done. Excellent choice for me this far. Feeling better and stronger everyday. Will not rush the process, hard neck brace for 3 months and taking it slow was prescribed and will follow.

I had ACDF C6-C7 been 3 years now! I am perfectly fine now, and even started weightlifting and doing just about everything. Leading a normal life, thanks to my doctor. Before hitting the gym or the swimming pool, I consulted him and he told me to just lead and normal life and do everything what others so. He does not worry so don't I. :)

P.S - But yes, first 1 year post surgery, I lead a very very cautious lifestyle.

Yes, and throat pain for a long time. I find not talking too much to ease the pain

I just realized how old this post is. You must be doing well, good luck to you.