I use acetazolamide because of fluid retention caused by heart failure. I am very careful about my therapy because I am familiar with its contraindications and side effects. Also, when you suffer heart disease you happen to become very careful. What I am interested in is multivitamin supplemental therapy that may be used during acetazolamide treatment. I’ve changed my nutritional habits after I was diagnosed heart failure, and now I feel like I need some multivitamins addition to meals.

As I know, if you have low level of sodium and potassium, you would be contraindicated to take acetazolamide. That is about minerals. You need to have your daily vitamin intake, no matter what drug you use. Just buy a common vitamins supplement, in doses that are recommended for daily intake. Because you can find some that are indicated in treatment of hypovitaminosis. Vitamins E and C are very active antioxidants that are important protection from toxic substances.