Hi. I want to buy multivitamins and I would like to hear from somebody with experience what`s the thing with multivitamins? Are multivitamins substitute for balanced diet?

Hi. I prefer buying multivitamin supplement because it is better than buying several single supplements. Multivitamin supplements have protective effects. Many vitamins protect us against disease and they improve your health. It is important to know many multivitamin supplements don`t have sufficient calcium and magnesium. I always have to buy additional single supplements. Vitamin supplements are no substitute for a well balanced diet. I have noticed multivitamins increase appetite. Vitamin B is great for your skin, nails and hair.

Hello henricksen,

One thing is sure there is no combination of multivitamins that can substitute more or less balanced diet! Yes, multivitamin supplement can cover your daily needs for most vitamins and minerals your body needs, but, the food you eat still remains the only source for you to get proteins, amino-acids and trace minerals that are vital for healthy functioning.

As hollomon said, you might run into risk of needing to buy more and more supplements to cover all that your body needs, when a fairly simple meal or even a glass of milk might do you the same benefit. So, multivitamins are only supplements to your diet – as their name already tells you, not a complete replacement for it.