Hello. I'm 52 year old male and almost for last ten years I'm having problems with controlling my high blood pressure.
I admit, before any of this happened, I had very bad eating habits and although I knew that even my father and his father had problems with high blood pressure. Anyway, for almost ten years I'm drinking medications for it but nothing helped me to control symptoms such as dizziness, light headaches and several others… Just recently, I talked with the good friend of mine and he told me about some inversion table that he uses to relieve his back pain. He has read somewhere that this inversion therapy can also used for treatment of high blood pressure and I was just wondering does anybody knows maybe more about this?

Hello. I have just read your post and decided to help you because I'm using this inversion table for almost six months now and also for back pain relief. Inversion therapy involves hanging upside down to apply gentle traction to the spine.
This is causing great back pain relief. I have read on the instructions that this type of therapy could be used for treating high blood pressure. Inversion can cause a state of relaxation that result in a drop in heart rate and blood pressure. Your heart must work against gravity to pump blood up to your brain, which is the body's largest consumer of oxygen and practicing this you are making this a lot easier to your heart.
It also says that that certain people should not invert if they have uncontrolled high blood pressure and that before this, they should talk with their health provider over this.

I have had unsuccessful treatment for moderately high blood pressure for many years also. The symptoms you describe are similar to mine and as I have just found out appear to be due to low potassium. This appears to be a result of overproduction of a hormone called aldosterone resulting in sodium retention and potassium depletion. There may be other hormonal causes or kidney problems. Suggest you research aldosterone on the web and maybe organise urine and blood tests through a hypetretension specialist.

While inversion tables may induce a relaxed state, persons with uncontrolled high blood pressure probably should not be hanging upside down, or with their heads below their feet. The increased pressure to the blood vessels in the brain may cause a stroke. Extreme caution is indicated.

Yeah, people with blood pressure issues (or even without any they know of) should take time to acclimate to this gradually. I do think that so long as you don't stroke and take time to recover, that maybe this will make you more resistant to pressure issues and maybe even lessen them. In sort of a similar way that generic exercise does this with toughening the circulatory system and giving it elasticity.

Not going all the way over (some tables have straps to stop you at certain angles like 60/45/30 and staying for brief periods and going back up, even if it's not all the way up, I think it is called oscillating going back and forth like this.

Using hand grips lowers high blood pressure more than anything, even medication.  2 min on each hand, 4 reps daily.  bit of a pain but do it and transit and BP plummets.

Could you expand on using hand grips to lower high blood pressure - what is the procedure? Thank you.

You should talk to your Dr. as I have been told that a person with high blood pressure should not use an inversion table. I have one for my back and the directions said not to use it if you have high blood pressure, Good Luck

Hand grips??? Don't follow?? Thanks!!Ff

Your mentioning moderate HTN are you agreeing if BP is137/74 or higher???

My bp this morning was 163/92. I inverted for 5 min at 15 degrees past parallel and about 2.5 hours after initial high reading, my next reading was 120/75. Medicine never did much for my bp.