I wonder if anybody can help me ?

I am 36 years old and of general good health.

Over the past couple of months or so i started having to get up in the early hours of the morning to go to the loo to urinate which is something I a have never had to do. I wake up with painfull kidney areas and the area around my bladder feels uncomfortable.

My testicles also ache and throb. I went to the G. P and he prescribed me Antibiotics for a Urinary Tract infection an also sent some sample of for a test relatinf to Prostate cancer which came back ok.

Weeks have gone by and i still have to get up to use the loo and my testicles still ache despite all the antibiotics.

Has anybody gone through anything similar, if so please send me you comments or any advice please.

I started experiencing the same symptoms approximately 8 weeks ago. Additionally, my right testicle is enlarged and painful. I also get pains in the groin area and and the lower back (below the waistline level) on both sides. Walking around and working (like mowing the lawn) helps relieve the pain. Sitting on a sofa or lying in bed both increase the pain. Sitting in a hot tub provides instant relief.

My doctor has me on a an antibiotic. He is treating it as epididimitis and I have been told by him and have read in other places that it can take months to cure the problem. I also take a pain killer at night to get some sleep. I went through two CAT scans and a sonogram of the scrotal area to check for cancer. Both tests pointed to epididimitis.

I was reading today that another type condition that causes swelling of the testicle is Orchitis and it could be caused by either a bacteria or virus. I will mention this to my doctor this week. My only concern is that if it is a virus then the antibiotics won't do any good.

You should get checked for kidney stones.

I had exactley the same symptoms several weeks ago. It was diagnosed as renal cholic due to kidney stones

I went to the emergency room do those same symptoms. I was tested for kidney stones and those test came back negative. The Dr. said I had a bacterial infection

I am a 31 year old male and have a combination of the same conditions.

Note – this may seem a bit long winded, but it’s worth the read if you’re suffering. I am offering information that I have and still am suffering with.

About two weeks before Christmas I had a dull and very constant pain in my right test. I did what most men do and self medicated with pain killers. This was constant and getting worse every day. About nine days later the pain was gone. Fantastic I hear you say. (NO), I was rushed into hospital on Christmas Eve with the sensation that someone had stabbed me in the right kidney and the pain grew more and more intense. 8/10 on the pain scale.

A young doctor took some scan's and said " it looks like there might be a small kidney stone in there" Small my ass, It felt like there was a bin lorry using my kidney as a f*****g skid pan.. Any way, I was given a dose of
(VOLTAROL DISPERSIBLE 50mg) tablets and was sent on my way. I was also given a course of antibiotics for a (ETI) for which I forget the name because they offered nothing either.

I was ok for a few hours until the pain came back and brought its brother with it 10/10 on the pain scale. Thankfully I was able to come across a specific position to hunk into before I ripped the toilet out of the wall with the rage it developed. (Make yourself into a ball, whilst hunched down on your knees and control your breathing) - Sounds odd but I hope you never have to find out.

I sort of got used to the pain over the New Year and resigned to the fact that I must have really messed someone over in a previous life to be hit with this.

Since then, I have received antibiotics from my doctor because my symptoms included that of an enlarged prostate. The pain went away, Fantastic I hear you say again (NO) for only a week and it brought the rest of its friends with it also 12/10 on the pain scale.

Now, I can be quite a threatening person when I need to be so I went to see the doctor again with nothing but resolve on my mind. The doctor gave me the following (CO-CODAMOL 20/50MG tablets). Success I though was ahead to reduced pain. When I went to the girl to collect the prescription, she told me those tablets are only good for period cramps. Obviously my horns came out. Thankfully the girl understood the pain and gave me (CO-CODAMOL 30/500MG tablets), 2 per dose 4 times per day.

These tablets were 80% effective, which is 100% more effective than anything else I took.

The pain came back again a few weeks ago worse than ever, I mean 20/10 on the pain scale, I actually invented my own new pain threshold. I spoke with the girl at reception who got me the stronger tablets and she had a word with a different doctor who had complete mercy in her tone. (VOLTAROL 100mg SUPPOSITORIES).

They are the ultimate in pain killers. Normal pain killer’s work on specific receptors for certain parts of the body. I.e., pain killers really wont help you with your Kidney, bowel pain but the (CO-CODAMOL 30/500MG tablets & (VOLTAROL 100mg SUPPOSITORIES are your best bet.

I think the stones are almost out of me even though I have not received 100% confirmation that this is actually kidney stones. My urine is clear now instead of a reddish green. It smells like normal pee again and there is no sign of burning.

My only discomfort now is that I have a sensation of pressure against my bladder walls and upper penis which makes me feel like I need to go to the toilet every 15 minutes with no results. It feels like you are on a bus, absolutely busting to do a 1 & 2 and the driver refuses to pull over.

Here is some of the best advice available:

1. Drink Robinsons barley water until the stones pass (Horrible, but one of the best tings on the planet for you if you look into it and the acid in it also erodes the stone and makes it smaller and easier to pass.

2. Drink plenty of pure water also as this will help flush and clean the toxins that can cause the burning ETI sensation.

3. Trust me on this one, 1st thing every morning and last thing in the evening take 2 table spoon’s of olive oil and 2 table spoons of undiluted Robinsons barley water and measure it into a small glass. Add a drop of water to help it mix and swallow in one.
The olive oil coats the stone as the oil passes through the kidney and the acid from the barley attacks the stone directly making it smaller and easier to pass out. Remember, hopefully you dont need an operation or ultrasound to get this out. This has to come out your penis do you want a scania lorry or a mini to come out your end because thats the difference.

4. Eat fruit that has acidic properties such as oranges and apples.

5. Torture your doctor until he/she is sick of looking at you and makes progression on your behalf.

6. Keep your head in the right place, its painful yes and won’t be dangerous as long as you keep an eye on the symptoms and torture your doctor on any changes no matter how trivial. Remember you have every right to be selfish when it’s your body.

7. Once it’s resolved, which I believe mine will be soon, Change your diet habits, drinking habits and become more active and stay completely hydrated. This has a big part in the developments of stones

Remember, this pain is as close to child birth as any man will ever feel but that is all it is (Pain) provided to keep track and keep it at bay.

I hope this helps

Best regards

JF

I quit reading after one or two of these posts but if no one mention it its dehydration of your nuts as weird as that sounds that covers the peein problem the pain that you could mix up with ahernia . An it sucks i go through it almost everytime i pee just got to man up an admit it.

I know I'm writing years after the fact, so this won't benefit the original poster, but for other people who visit this page with similar symptoms (painful or swollen testicles and antibiotics don't work)-- PLEASE get yourself checked for testicular cancer! Have your urologist do a testicular ultrasound. If it comes back clean, DON'T be afraid to get a second opinion. If one of the opinions suspects cancer as a possibility, get in right away to see an oncologist with plenty of experience with testicular cancer in particular. This is important, because an oncologist with experience in testicular cancer can offer you an almost 100% chance of a cure. This was my 37-year-old husband's experience-- the first urologist he went to see sent him home with antibiotics. The pain continued, on and off, and getting a second opinion saved him! He's almost done with treatment for Stage IIB cancer, on the road to recovery. Testicular cancer is becoming increasingly common among young men, so fellas, please-- GET YOURSELF CHECKED!

My husband (age 37) experienced this, so please, please, please, to anyone reading this... if you have testicular pain or swelling that doesn't respond to antibiotics... PLEASE have your urologist do an ultrasound to check for testicular cancer! And then no matter what he finds, get a second opinion. If either of them suspects cancer as a possibility, then get in ASAP to see an oncologist with experience in testicular cancer. TC is 100% curable when handled properly, so you have everything to gain... good luck!

My testicles burn and ache every morning. I've seen 5 different doctors but to no reason or cure. The pain subsides in the evening and I sleep ok. Any clues that you can help me with?

My right testicle and my lower back both have dull ache in them and this started 2 days ago