This past week when I lay down to sleep I get pain in the upper right abdomen and back. Usually I can get to sleep, but when I wake in the night the pain is there. When I get up in the morning, the pain is severe, a heaviness that comes in spasms. By the time I'm ready to go to work (half hour to 45 mins) the pain has subsided and I go on with a normal day. Tonight, I can't get to sleep. I have diabetes and heart disease. For a month or so I have had more gas than usual and some changes in bowel activity. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy.

okay wow i feel like you have something similar
the right upper side of my abdomen and the right side of the middle of my back aches.
about a month ago i thought i just pulled something,
but in the past few weeks it started making my stomache hurt,
and is physically making me feel sick.
I also have some trouble breathing, and sitting, usually i have to slide back into my chair.
As well, at night i can't sleep it's so painful.?
what could this be

a friend of mine had symptoms that sounded like yours. after weeks of pain she decided to go to the doctor. they found out she had gallbladder stones and had to have surgery asap. hope you feel better.

Does it feel like you're going to through up if you lie down long enough? but never do

Michelle - I have this ALL the same symptoms for over a week now and I was curious if you ever found out what was wrong? PLEASE let me know ASAP what I should do. Not sure what kind of DR I should go to as I don't know it it is a GI issue or what.

My husband began with a bit of a throat clearing at Christmas, went to a dry cough, then chesty cough, weak and tired all the time. Looked pale and drawn. Progressed to "upset" stomach and started eating less. Dr. did chest xray and all clear. He did not check the stomach or take blood. Gave him ventolin and that helped the cough for 2-3 days, then hubby felt like he had pulled a muscle in his left side. Within the week he was admitted by ambulance, kidneys had failed, he was totally dehydrated and had a kidney stone embedded in his left kidney. We are lucky he is still alive. He is unable to lie flat due to the pain it causes on breathing. Favours leaning to right side to alleviate chest pain, breathing and left side pain. He did require surgery, stent in left kidney, kidney stone was blasted to dust. He has been through the mill with recovery and is on his 3rd series of antibiotics in 1 month. First two where by IV. He remains in hospital. Please go get your pain checked out, ask about the kidney/kidney stone, my husband is 54, never had a kidney problem or stone before, don't take a chance, on waiting too long, this crept up on us like it was just a bug that wouldn't go away. I would hate to see anyone else go through it.

I have the same symptoms over the past few nights.  I quit drinking wine since the new year.  Liver, kidney, gallbladder?  If anyone knows let me know.  I am going for blood tests too.
B

I am 13 an u have had similar problems. Everymorning I wake up with pain in my upper abdomen an sometimes my back. If I stand to long I get pain in my back. Like after a day of school. I do enormous amounts of gas, more than usual. I have felt pressure in my upper abdomen an just below my ribs, I also feel this pressure when I turn while I am lying in bed. I am very worried. This has been going on for maybe two weeks now. Please help if you know what this could be.

I've had these same symptoms for the last 6 months. My symptoms actually got a little better by month 4 but slowly started to work it's back to the same pain. I thought I had something wrong with the gallbladder area, because 5 years ago I had my gallbladder removed and gallstones. The doctor did tell me that Gall Stones can come back. I thought it was Gallstones again or Kidney Stones because the pain feel so similar. I had Blood work done, a Ultra Sound to check the Liver, Kidney and to see if I had any Gallstones or Kidney stone, a Colonoscopy, and a Upper Endoscopy to see if I had any infection in the stomach. All my exams came back normal. My doctor just gave me Pain Meds to help me sleep, which was definitely needed and sent me to Physical Therapy.This is not a Physical Therapy problem. What's scary is I have a niece (34 yrs) and a sister (48 yrs) they kind of described the same problems before they were both diagnosed with breast cancer. I also went to have a Mammogram after this scare, I thank God that came back normal. So I've done the Exams and everything is ok but I feel like they are missing something and these exam take time in between so it's scary to feel something is wrong but they can't find it. I'm so thankful for my doctor requested all the test but I will get a second opinion now because I know this is not normal. So I pray this problem is solved among all of us and there's no serious issues.

I've had these same symptoms for the last 6 months.  My symptoms actually got a little better by month 4 but slowly started to work it's back to the same pain. I thought I had something wrong with the gallbladder area, because 5 years ago I had my gallbladder removed and gallstones. The doctor did tell me that Gall Stones can come back. I thought it was Gallstones again or Kidney Stones because the pain feel so similar. I had Blood work done, a Ultra Sound to check the Liver, Kidney and to see if I had any Gallstones or Kidney stone, a Colonoscopy, and a Upper Endoscopy to see if I had any infection in the stomach. All my exams came back normal. My doctor just gave me Pain Meds to help me sleep, which was definitely needed and  sent me to Physical Therapy.This is not a Physical Therapy problem.  What's scary is I have a niece (34 yrs) and a sister (48 yrs) they kind of described the same problems before they were both diagnosed with breast cancer. I also went to have a Mammogram after this scare, I thank God that came back normal. So I've done the Exams and everything is ok but I feel like they are missing something and these exam take time in between so it's scary to feel something is wrong but they can't find it. I'm so thankful for my doctor requested all the test but I will get a second opinion now because I know this is not normal.   So I pray this problem is solved among all of us and there's no serious issues.   

I have just read all the above problems, and I am in diabolical pain at night, wakes me up early hours of the morning and l cant go back to sleep, I have been like this for 3 yrs and recently, I began to have pain all day and night, it just exhausted me. I went to my doctor and had a scan from shoulders through to abdomen and he said there was nothing found. He did blood tests too, Nothing again. Colonoscopy, Nothing, Just before l went in for the colonoscopy I asked if they had time to do a gastroscopy and they found a small 2 cm growth half way down my throat about between breast area. Caused through reflux as this was very persistent the 2 years prior. They found that only by accident , if l had not asked then to do the gastro scope, I wouldn't of known, I was having trouble breathing and had to sit up with 3 pillows behind me just so l could breath and l had been to the Dr for 2 yrs about this, but got no answers. Back to the back Pain, I still have it, and l don't know what to apart from going to see specialists, I believe it is my gallbladder or Kidney stones too. But the pain is so debilitating, I cant stand it any longer. I am 60 and worried there is cancer they cannot see. My girlfriend had pain and all the tests and they found nothing, she insisted they go in and do an exploratory to see if they could find anything and she had cancer in the Liver. So Insist on doing something about it, as we know our body better than the DRs. I hope you all get answers soon, and myself included. Carol

Have you had your pancreas looked at?

Gall bladder or gall stones

If urinary come back negative look into getting your enzyme levels checked .High bilirubin could mean hep., liver disease or Gilberts Syndrome. I have Gilberts and this is reoccuring issue.

How old are you if you don’t mind me asking, Michelle? As I am having the same symptoms and was diagnosed with breast cancer. Year go