I would like to know something more about this medicament. My father is 71 years old and has a stomach cancer. He went through the op and post op procedures, but, unfortunately, there is no hope. We are just waiting for inevitable and trying to reduce his pain. He is taking regular pain killers but from time to time they are not helpful at all. Doctors advised us to get him Actiq for those moments. How does that drug work?

Actiq is a also a painkiller with strong effect that is used in situations when standard medicaments are not enough for subduing the pain. It is used in cancer cases with so called breakthrough pain. You will probably read this on the info sheet, but I will tell you anyway he must not chew Actiq lozenges, they must be sucked, because they could be absorbed faster in the bloodstream. Keep away this drug from the children! It could be fatal for them.