I have been suffering from hemroids for past 6 months. They are really going on my nerves and I have no idea what to do. I have been to the doctor and he suggested me hemorrhoid surgery procedure. I would like to know more about this procedure.

Surgical treatment is recommended for hemorrhoids that become much enlarged, bleed frequently or contain blood clots. Surgery of the hemorrhoids is the last line of defense. Most hemorrhoids can be treated and cured with more conservative treatments, but others must be dealt with surgically. Common procedures include freezing the affected tissue-cryotherapy, injecting chemicals into the hemorrhoid to shrink it-sclerosing solutions, surgically removing the hemorrhoid-hemorrhoidectomy, or placing rubber bands around the hemorrhoid for removal-ligation. Operative therapy decreases sphincter pressure by forceful dilation or by lateral internal sphincterotomy. This technique is an effective surgical procedure performed under local anesthesia. The main drawback of this surgery is its potential to cause minor alterations in the control of gas, mucus and occasionally stool. Because of this problem researchers have created a reversible "sphincterotomy." This lowers sphincter pressures until the hemorroids have healed. I hope that you will have success when it comes to treating and healing your hemorrhoids.

First of all...what the doctor will not tell you is how painful your ass can be and I am speaking from experience.It might be humourous to you now but it wasn't for me..(smile)
1. Eat soft foods and WATER is your new bestfriend...drink constantly
2. Take your Endocets(painkiller) every 6hrs..
3. Always take stool softener before you eat SOFT foods...
4. Chew your food well. You know when they say to chew your food 36X; well ya better chew it 50X...just to be on the safe side because if you don't, you will POP A STITCH while pooping. Believe me when I tell you because you don't want to spend 14hrs trying to have a bowel movement.
I had to be picked off my bathroom floor because I was in so much pain that I almost passed out so...
5. Have someone play MAID for at least 2weeks ...cause you don't want to move around much..
GOOD LUCK!! _[removed]_

ok I'm in a similar boat, this is pain I CAN'T take any longer 6 full days of walking funny and grimacing from the pain, now it appears I'm pooping small blood clots....I'm freaking scared BIG TIME! o.O :-(

you said you were out of commission for 2 weeks ... so what type of surgery did they do on you?...it does show a few options of surgery.

I have just received feedback from one woman
who had surgery using the newer Ligasure device.

The Ligasure is a bipolar diathery device, and coagulates
tissue, sealing blood vessels and nerve endings as it cuts,
much reducing bleeding and pain.

She said it was not painful, though the hemorrhoids
have recurred. Relapses, though, can happen with
any type of surgery, particularly the stapled method
(which I had, and a hemorrhoid has indeed come back).

So you should ask your surgeon to choose this device,
with the harmonic scalpel as a second choice.