I have a scoliosis since high school, but I did not pay attention so much before. Now I am 30 years old and I have back pain because of scoliosis. I have a friend who told me there are many ways to make my pain easier. He said I should apply scoliosis stretches so I wonder if that could harm my body. Can you give me some advices about scoliosis stretch exercises?

Scoliosis indicates that the normally vertically straight aligned vertebrae have developed a curve to one side. The cause of a scoliosis is easily recognized when it is due to a hip height difference. Other types of scoliosis causes remain unknown, and these are more difficult to treat. The pain in the back associated with scoliosis comes from the imbalance to the muscles or compression of nerves between the vertebrae. With scoliosis, there is a constant muscle imbalance. You could try with superficial massage devices that just vibrate; those may serve to increase circulation to the tissue. You should note that the stretching of the muscular fibers would not occur as it does in manual massage. Percussive massagers should be used on slower speeds when the soft tissue is very inflamed, so real massage would be better for stretching. After this, all general exercises and stretches could help to increase back stability and flexibility. However, as each scoliosis condition is different, you should consult your doctor to determine what is right for your particular situation.

my mother went to this sort of treatment because she has a form of scoliosis called lordosis (which is when the spine curves inward at the bottom of the back)...
this doctor took $90 a session, i know very expensive, and he accepted no insurance, we are in NY...but i am sure if you do your research online, you will be able to find a doctor with the machinery he used. she said it was painless...

the name of the procedure/instrument they use is:
Atlas orthogonal

I found this site, which lets you search by state:
atlasorthogonality.com

Good luck to everybody!