Couple weks ago, my hamstring was buggin' me so bad - like I pulled it or something. I still feel a tightness, pulling sensation on that side at times, mostly when going uphill.

Recently also started having a throbbing pain mid-calf, and occasionally feel like something in my hip area is "catching".

As I spend 2 hours a day on a commuter bus M-F, I'm all paranoid about deep vein thrombosis. I'd so rather have a scaitic nerve problem than die of a pulmonary embolism on the way to work. They don't pay me THAT much.

Anyone had similar experiences?

I would agree that it sounds like sciatic pain. I suffer for this often. Pulling your hamstring can definitely cause it to flare up. Even more so if you where to pull your pirformis.

What works best for me, is deep tissue massage and chiropractic adjustments. I have a great chiropractor but I wouldn't go to just anyone. If you decide to go for the deep tissue massage, look for a registered massage therapist who specializes in deep tissue work. I would stay away from spas and check for therapists that work out of a doctors office.

For self help check out this stuff does wonders.

Thanks for all the info!

I used to go to a chiropractor to help with my mild case of scoliosis in my lower back. A falling out with her (way too complicated a story to mention) plus realizing months later that daily glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM supplements helped more than the chriopractic adjustments, I stopped going and haven't sought a new provider. My sister had acupuncture to treat sciatic pain during her second pregnancy - so I've thought about that avenue too.

I'll definitely check out the website - again, thanks!

I know my sister had sciatic nerve trouble as a result of a tight piriformis, and I've had a tight piriformis from tight hammies...maybe some good stretching (possibly with the assistance of another person) and definitely massage will help? I also second the suggestion to see a good chiro, I went to one that solved my piriformis/hamstring/ITBS thing I had going on.

Good luck!