Hi, my son is diagnosed with ADD, but I don’t know if his disease is related to speech problems or not. Are speech disorders symptoms of ADD?

Hi, I have been told that it is very common to have both of these symptoms inherited. Actually, having predisposition for developing speech difficulties and having ADD goes together very often. So, usually both the attention and reading problems are inherited together. Anyway, it can be treated with medications and professional help. Speech difficulties can be practiced and sometimes additional support and practice can improve speaking performance a lot. If you improve your attention and listening to the others you will be able to respond in more sensible manner.

First of all, I am so sorry that your son has been diagnosed with ADD and I can relate to you because my sister's son has the same diagnosis. Although he doesn't have speech problems our doctor has informed us that it can happen during time so we are trying to practice speaking among everything else.

How you have been handling problems related to ADD so far?

I hope that you and your wife have some additional support from your families because sometimes it can be really helpful when you know that you have few more people on whom you can rely on.

Keep us posted about your son progress and any addition difficulties you encounter. I’ll be glad to answer if I can help.