Hi, I am very concerned. My life was filled with happy moments. Not a single serious medical condition appeared. Now, when I am in my sixties, something is happening. Some time ago I started having speech difficulties-slurred speech. My hands are also shaking at a certain position. This does not bother me that much because I am aware of my age. What worry me are slurred speech problems. What could be the cause?

Hi, I think I know what could be causing your slurred speech problems. Of course you should not take this for granted. My assumptions are based on few symptoms and facts that you have said. For a certain diagnosis, a visit to the doctor is necessary. He is the only one who can make the right diagnosis and determine the right course of treatment. Now for your condition: slurred speech exists as a follower of many illnesses and can appear as a condition on its own. But the thing is that you also have shaking hands. When you add your age to all of this one illness crosses my mind-Parkinson's disease. Slurred speech problems occur as a secondary symptom of this condition. I do not mean to scare you, but this is a possibility. As I said, you must see a doctor since he is the only one who can determine your condition.