:( Hi I am a 57 year old female and I have been on adderall 20mg. 2x a day for over a year. I have terrible mouth sores that really are so painfull that I don't want to eat anything. I drink coffee in the morning and I do smoke but not that much and especially when I get the mouth sores. This doesn't happen all the time, and I find the strange but for the last two days they hurt so much that I hardly want to talk. I use the Biotene Products for dry mouth, the toothpaste, the mouth wash etc. but I still get these irratating mouth ulcers. Of course not eating much doesn't help matters, I mean I do eat ice cream and drink protein shakes. I was just wondering if anyone else on Adderall experience's this. Please HELP!

Its quite possible for Adderal to contribute to this - one of its most often side effects is to cause dry mouth and that is the main thing that causes the irritation of the mouth. So, one option is for you to talk to your doctor about the dosage of Adderal or maybe about changing the type of medication because of this much side effects - there are other options, I don't know if you have been taking any other medication before. And not eating properly, you realize that yourself, will only cause that lack of vitamins and dehydration only make the healing of the wounds more difficult.

Thanks for your reply, well your right I haven't been eating properly! It's hard to eat because of the ulcers in my mouth. I bought some Kellog's Protein Shakes to drink, but I know that's not enough, believe me I can afford to loose a few pounds but not like this! Today I thought that with all the oral mouth wahes, and Biotene products and lots of water that they would be some what better but they still hurt! It's never gotten this bad, usually when I use the mouth wash and other ulcer medicine they start to heal up, but I'm comming off of having shingles, the flu and bronchitis. I still really don't have my strength back but I'm not taking anymore pills except the adderall. But I think that my immune system has taken quite a beating! Stress is a big factor in my life right now as I'm looking for employment, and you know how tough it is these days with the economy, and the fact that I'm 57 doesn't help matters, companies would rather higher someone younger with less experience so they can pay them less, I just hate it when they tell me "your over qualified" that just BS there's no such thing! Anyway it's really been a strain on my relationship as I have been living with my boyfriend for 2 years and unemployed, I mean I do a few things on my own like buying silver, crystal and china and selling them to Replacements. I've made some very good money doing this but it's a hit or miss type of thing, anyway things are starting to turn around as I have interview for a Receptionist Postion tommorow, and another interview with Macy's next week for a Flex Cosmetic Position. All the stress I have put on myself has been making me so sick and I really am usually very healthy but here lately it's just been 1 step forward and 2 steps back where my health is concerned. Thanks again!

You're welcome! Believe me, I've heard that "you're over-qualified"... I mean, I understand, politic correctness and all, but it is soo dishonest. Hate that phrase.
But, if your immune system has been compromised like this (bronchitis and shingles are too much for anyone), than its definitely vital that you start boosting it with vitamins, not only supplements, but also, maybe some fresh-fruit shakes and maybe some softer vegetables - stress will not ease of until your body starts to feel better. Wish you all the best and all the luck with fining the job!

I'm a 55 year old women and on adderall. I to have terrible mouth sores. I have found nothing to help with this. Life before adderall was not good, this is a great drug if not for the sore mouth. In general most say it isn't the adderall..but it is, just read about all the people suffering from these sores. Surely someone out there has a answer for this. Please