I have a friend who is literally a genius. Ever since his abuse of Adderal which he believes inspires him to write at his best. (he is a journalistic writer) He writing though still has quaility it is very rare that he writes anything at all. He has been mean, nasty, irritable, unreasonable, angry, judgemental, ect. He has always has cocky tendencies. But I find it so sad that his abuse of this drug has ended many friendships for him and his talent seems to be going to waste. Are these normal side effects of abusing this drug? He isn't ADHD by any means. We are no longer friends to be honest with you but I am concerned. He is 37, lives in one of his relatives basement, and is just down right mean. I have never met anyone as amazing as him, the person before the adderall. And now he hates me for some ridiculous reason that I SHOULD BE MAD AT HIM over. It's almost as if he has lost him mind.

Well, you should take into account that Adderall is basically a form of amphetamine, so your friend has become an amphetamine addict. And this kind of addiction has exactly the consequences you have described – he might be energetic and be able to do tons of work, but the cost for that is huge – from complete change in personality to serious risks to his overall health. But, besides you being concerned for your friend, I don’t know what you could possibly do if your friend himself doesn’t see any problem with this abuse and dependence.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I read that an overdose of Adderall can be fatal. He needs help. Maybe you could contact his family about this...but easier said than done. Addiction is always a touchy issue...