I need to hear something about ovary ablation. The thing is that 5 months ago I was diagnosed with an early breast cancer and I had an urgent surgery and chemo afterwards and I was lucky enough of being diagnosed on time but despite this my doc advised me to have ovary ablation for she thinks that I have big chances of the breast cancer to come back again. And now I am wondering would this ovary ablation really help me in preventing further breast cancer and would like to hear is this ovary ablation really necessary in my case for I don't feel like having another surgery and plus I am only 37 and the premature menopause frightens me. Thanks!

Hi there! I suggest you better have this ovary ablation done for it may significantly reduce your chances of your breast cancer to relapse one day-ovary ablation is actually about stopping your ovary functions in sense of not producing any more hormones which are responsible for breast cancer development. I am now 42 and few years ago I had this ovary ablation for exactly the same reason and I never regret it and it is not like you should be having a surgery to perform the ovary ablation I for example was taking Zoladex it is kind of hormone med that is being injected and within few weeks it provides the same results as if your ovaries were removed. But on the other hand you still have your ovaries and the chance to reverse its functioning by simple not stop taking the drug and after about 6 months your ovaries are about to restart in producing estrogen again so they start working normally. Anyway ovary reversal functioning is advised in the cases of more severe Zoladex side effects such as weakened bones due to the lack of estrogen or heart problems but generally it is proven that ovary ablation significantly reduces the chances of breast cancer relapse and in many cases it has significantly prolonged the life in women that has already experienced breast cancer ones.