About 2 1/2 years ago, I started having trouble breathing. It started out of the blue and I guess I over compensated for the feeling and was about to make myself hyperventilate. I went to the emergency a couple of times and to a couple of doctors over a 2 week period. All I got from the doctors was that I must be having a panic attach. I don't think it was panic attachs. Anyway, I did smoke and quit smoking the day this first started and have not smoked since. Don't feel like I can inhale enough to even consider a cigeratte. Since then I have developed a cough that never goes away. I would say definitely close to a year with the cough and have been to doctor several times and gotten diagnosed with bronchitis and sinis infection at least 3 times in last 8 months. I also cough up mucus all the time ranging from clear and thick to yellow, hard, nasty tasting. Have also had the doctors say it is asthma but rescue inhalers don't seem to effect the feeling of the airway. Any idea what this would be or how to approach?

I have lost wieght and can't seem to gain any back. The weight loss has been with in the pat three years. Coughing up throat mucus, clear, sometimes yellow, both tick and thin, for about 3 years. Have been treated for sinus infection along with silent reflux but doesn't seem to eliminate the problem.

Hello, jrat. Any progress on your condition, or did you ever found out what it is? My husband has the same exact symptoms. Stopped smoking too. We have been to doctors and they would diagnose him for sinus infection and asthma. However, the inhaler and antibiotic don't help that much.

you culd look up cystic fibrosis...

I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago, and looking it up on the Internet I find it could be associated with a condition called APNEA which mostly happens to people when they are asleep. They stop breatihng for a few seconds before their chest suddenly takes in air; usually -but not always- with folks that snore!

I am not completely convinced it was that because it is resperatory, meaning there is some kind of temporary blockage in the wind pipe-usually mucus of some form, Very frightening expereince no matter if it is the first time or second or third. There is not much Doctors can do for you, but YOU can do some things; stop smoking (biggest cause of congestion in the throat apart from risk of lung cancer) get more exeercise and lose some flab. Obesity is the cause of many ailments including loss of breath, and more exercise such as walking and swimming once a week will certainly help.

your both symptoms seem a litte like normal breathing an your lungs healing them self to normal its your lungs healing id say i have asthma stoped smoking when my lungs got infected by painfully hurting

Did anyone have an answer to this. I have the same problem.