Does alcohol cancel out the usefullness of remicade treatments?

yes what is the answer to that?

the question is can you drink while on remicade?

No. It doesn't cancel it out. Alcohol dehydrates so if you have joint problems alcohol makes that worse by dehydrating - or drying out - your joints. Also if you are on Remicade and Methotrexate you should be concerned about your liver. So it may not be good for you to drink but it does not cancel out the medication.

I am a 48 year old RN just recently declared (disabled) from ulcerative colitis and crohn's . I am taking 4 vicodin plus2mg ativian for the pain and stress. I take Remicade infusions every 8 weeks. I recently had a port surgically implanted in my chest because of running out of juicy veins. I was wondering if a drink or 2 on the weekend would harm me. It seems to lift me up a little in a somewhat stressful situation. I figure Ive only got about 10 good years left . Am I hurting myself more?