Hi, I am 47 and I drink a lot. Recently, I noticed that I have stomach pain and rectal bleeding when I drink. How can it be connected?

Hi, I tried to quit drinking but never really managed, so I am also suffering liver disorders, stomach disorders and even diarrhea. I am continuously quitting drinking, but with little success. Withdrawal symptoms are severe for me, mostly fever, body pain and lack of sleep. I am about to see a gastroenterologist to consult on my problem. rectal bleeding can be sign of any bowel disorder, colon cancer or irritated bowels. Perhaps, some anti-inflammatory drugs would be useful for you but they must be prescribed by the doctor.

Have you looked into Cirrhosis of the Liver?

my guess is that you are dehydrating your intestines fromthe excessive alcohol use, causing them to dry out and crack or bleed when you pass stool.